close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What would you do??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Sep 19, 2005.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

It seems that another Hurricane is going to clip the Florida coast. I don't really know the timeline of when it will hit, but it looks like the Florida Keys will get the brunt of it. The reason I ask what you would do is because I am scheduled to go down to West Palm Beach Florida tomorrow afternoon. My obvious concern is going into a hurricane for reasons such as work. If the tracking that I have been looking at on noaa.gov is correct, then though WPB wouldn't be in the eye of the storm, it would get some heavy winds of up to 70MPH.

So what to do? Do I tell my boss I am not going down due to the hurricane?

flash--------------------------------out

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Go. Current track has the storm passing well some of WPB.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

really stupid question, but are the tracks always correct? I mean I have travelled all over the country, but in the wake of the last hurricane, I want to be a bit more alert before I go off into something bad.

And of coarse the girlfriend is all in an uproar now due to my leaving to go down there while she see's red all over the weather map.

flash------------------------------out

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Ben, just don't let her watch the weather... problem solved.:D

5. Go,70mph winds are not that bad.Was in Panama City during one with winds like that in the 70's.Of course you don't want to go in the water :) flooding was not real bad either.And what Capt R said :D Hmmm just thought of something,you might not want to listen to me,I like to fish the Big O when it is way up ;)