close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish-4-Funr, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would you mention it to people if you caught a record fish using gear that you had borrowed from somebody?

This includes rod, reel, bait, tackle, transportation, and room and board for the fishing trip. Not to mention the invitation to go fishing that day.

Would you feel used if you were the one that loaned the equipment and were not mentioned.

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

welcome to the site. :F

i wouldnt feel used at all....id be happy for the guy. sounds like someone tried to put this guy on some fish....and did a great job of it, id take pride in that.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would tell everyone, and no I would not feel used.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I wouldnt mind at all. Heck I caught a cat on Flathunters set up not long ago, he was too far away, man it didnt bother me or him at all.

5. Heck, I am very happy for the guy for alot of reasons. I would have just liked a mention in any of his fish stories.

Maybe I am the one who is acting like the ass but it seems like his reccollection of events and details of the event are not as specific as mine.

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

You're not :T , were you? ;)

7. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

This last dove season I had something similar happen. Invited a buddy over to dove hunt my field, we were sitting there just bsing when a lone dove came flying right at us. He said to me "Take him" I told him "Go ahead I'll let the guest take the first one" and laughed it off, Adding " Besides you'll miss and I'll hit it".Welp he drops it in one shot, picks it and .....it has a band on it! Could not believe it! He even called it in from MY cell phone! lol We still laugh about it.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hell,i get used all the time.take people fishin',loan/give them tackle/bait,take them in my boat,and they catch all the :B ,then brag about it to the whole world,like they're pros :rolleyes: :D ;)

ps..............on rare occasions,i do get mentioned though.like.."oh yeah,i forgot to mention,misfit was my netman and camera man" :D

9. Hey rick, if I hook anything next week I'll let you reel it in if you want.:p :D

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.thanks shane.that's more than some people do :( :D ;)

11. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Well as my Mom used to say (may she rest in peace :) ) is this:
    "Don't give OR loan something to someone out of kindness of your heart and then turn around and expect if something or anything in return."
    By the way.. welcome to OGF Fish-4-Funr :) This is a fantastic online community that one day you will be proud to say that you are part of. Just like me :)
    Reel Lady (Marcia)

12. catking

catking Banned

cwcarper makes his living off of catching fish on others gear. And the bad part is usually that " other " person is within shouting distance of THEIR pole........MMMMMMMMMMM............... DA KING !!! ........~**~

13. I just figured that sometime between suffering broken ribs from beating his chest and having to get medical treatment for a swollen cranium he would have mentioned his loving brother that made it all possible.

Heck, If he would have been 10 minutes later getting back from McDonalds, which I bought, I would have had a chance at becoming the new saugeye state record holder instead of him.

The story he told was nowhere near as fascinating as the rest of the story.

Paul Harvey,

Good Day......

Could somebody come and help me please...
    I think I dislocated my shoulder...patting myself on the back.

Crap......
    Did anybody else see that GREEN moster....

An envious mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  14. Well, every time a TV reporter, producer, assignment editor, anchor or news manager gets nominated or wins an Emmy for my hard work, I don't get a statue!!! Am I bitter??? Huh??? Well??? :rolleyes: ;)

15. Were you part of the equation that went into their getting their award?

Researcher
    Producer
    Assistant
    Wife, Husband/Family Member

If I remember correctly they have put a time limit on the amount of time you can spend at the Academy Awards thanking those that have helped you achieve your award.

16. If you were not bitter....
    Then maybe you are not trying hard enough....

17. I just think it is a social commentary about egotism and self absorbtion taking the place of gratiousness and humility.

I am just having a problem recognizing if it his lack of gratiousness or mine.

Maybe it is just sibling rivalry.....

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

oh,now the rest of the story comes out.in that case,if it was MY brother,it wouldn't bother me to buy his lunch,cause he bought me lunch once ;) .but if the record fish he caught was a saugeye(no matter how he got it),well....................................then i'd have to KILL him :D :D ;)

19. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Rick,

Anytime you are my net man I will always aknowledge any of your dispalyed skills and prowess. In other words I probably won't have anything to say :D

20. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

kim,that was just plain cruel :p :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.