close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by mack, Oct 27, 2008.

1. mack

mack

What would you do if you had 5 acres, half wooded, and in the woods you find a neighbor's full body deer target and a shooting lane straight to his backyard? They have also been composting and basically treating it as their own property. We have not used this wooded lot in years but have now started cleaning it up. He is basically shooting at a 45 degree angle towards the corner of my backyard through less than half an acre of trees where my dogs often roam. Should I just remove it, and use it as my own? It is on my property. Befriend the trespasser and shoot bows together?

2. If it was me, I would just kindly ask them to remove it. I would let him know that your dogs often wander around back there and that you want to avoid any chance that they could get shot.

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Hey, the way I see it is, you have a free 3-D target to shoot at, and you might make a shooting buddy. Maybe explain the property boundry with him and go from there. Could be he's a hopelessly addicted 3-D shooter and needs somewhere to shoot. I could understand that problem.:D

4. Yep, I would just stop by and start chatting with him. Let him know politely where the boundary line is and that you would like him to move his things onto his side. Tell him about the dogs and let him know you'll be frequenting the area more often and all will be fine.!%

5. Just a side note here:
    At least charge a minimum amount for the use. Don't forget about insurance, liability etc.

6. When I read this, the most important word is "neighbor". You have to live next to this guy for years. Don't go into it assuming anything negative. A good relationship is worth a lot more than a target. Your peace COULD depend on your generosity.

He is in the wrong, but there is no need to make him mad. Give a chance to end happy. If that doesn't work, try again.

If that doesn't work, put up a fence and keep him out.;)