close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what would u do

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lark101_1999, Sep 30, 2004.

1. i just got the some stuff in my bait shop and my nearest compation came by today he wants to sale out every thing in his store for whole sale and below being this late in the year id have to sit on all this stuff till spring of 05

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

If you have the money offer him a price for everything he has to get rid of. You can't go wrong if you buy it cheap enough. You'll make it back in the spring/summer months. Another idea is to have a spring sale, figure what % you want to make and sell them on a special table. If you buy it at the right price you should still make a decent profit.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I agree with Dale, if you have some cash to offer him, take it! You may sit on it for now, but you will have a supply for spring/summer. If you are not really going to get any better of a deal on it now than you would if you ordered the stuff yourself, then maybe you should wait. If he will charge the same as you would normally pay, then you aren't really gaining anything. If less, then I would take it! Good luck!

4. If he's willing to sell it for a good bit lower than you can already get it then it might be worthwhile.

5. If you can sit on it till spring and make a profit then go for it... If your cash strapped...

6. any one need fishing stuff lol know for sure next week

7. Fish2day

Fish2day member

Where is your bait store? I'm always looking for a bargain.

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Remember we offer a sales area here on our site. Go for it man. I'm sure lots of members would like to see what youhave to offer. Nothing wrong with making a little extra cash :D

9. OhioCatman

OhioCatman "Rip some lip!"

One thing none mentioned about that you said is....He is your nearest competition. If you dont buy all his stuff then he may decide to stay open. If you do buy it then he will surely close and then you would be rid of your nearest competition.

Of course you still need to make money off it. If he wont sell it for the right price then it really isnt worth it.

10. catking

catking Banned

Hey Lark- Like Dale M suggested,don't forget our market place area ;) Get a list together and post it. Good luck to you........... CATKING

11. Good Deal...
    Happy for you...

12. Before you make offer on it, ask yourself ,WHY IS IT NOT SELLING AT HIS SHOP?
    Remember, if there is no demand for it, you will not sell it, no matter how cheap you offer it.
    Like trying to sell Erie Deeries to a bunch of farm ponders. They just wont buy it unless they hit bigger walleye waters.