Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live here in Kentucky and our walleye options are very limited and few numbers. I was thinking about Lake Saint Clair but thought I'd do some research on Ohio lakes for a shorter drive.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No problem. My wife and I are probably heading down to the Georgetown area in a couple weeks. May have time to go to Cumberland but may end up going to Cave Run. We are bringing our 16' deepv with a 9.9hp. Which would you suggest? I know both have big fish and we aren't picky. Just want to hook a few good ones mainly and have a relaxing time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
yakninja ever go to Paintsville lake.spring and fall is a lot better than now at least for me.dont like fishing for walleye in 100ft of water time I fill the bite my bait is gone.but in ohio I always liked c.j. brown just out of spingfield.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say Cumberland Lake. Stay at Kendall Rec area at Wolf Creek Dam. That place is a nice family friendly area and below the dam has an abundance of rainbow, brown and brook trout. Probably one of the best trout rivers in the South East. And if you just want to fish for bass the lake and ramp is over the hill. The lake gets crowded on the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts