Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When C.C.Lake drops 13ft. I'm heading straight to 2 lures I lost 2 years ago.I have my canoe ready to go with a Big magnet,you don't know what you might catch.Also I'll find some Indian artifacts hopefully.And a few fossils to add to my collection.

Roscoe

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
I bet you will find all kinds of musky lures. Could offer a buyback program to the original owners. When are they going to start dropping it?

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
My dads Abu Garcia baitcaster and triumph rod. If anyone finds it, you can keep the rod, i just want dads reel back

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Crappietracker
419 Posts
Soma 56, the Muskie guys have a 2 day outing at cc October 5-6. This drawdown will kill the outing, please let me know if you have any info on the drawdown!

Thanks , Rob

·
Registered
558 Posts
We were told at the duck blind draw that the project is on hold and may not happen this winter.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know when they will drop the lake.Maybe they will wait until they take the docks out.Hopefully !Google up Ceasar Creek Marina and you can get the latest updates.

Roscoe

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't think the state has a private partner to manage the marina on their terms. There would have been an announcement to that effect in the news media had they found one. It is political. If you look around the state lakes where others have partnered in marinas on the states terms, you don't see very profitable enterprises. I'm of the "I'll believe it when I see it!" mentality. Have they even gotten a contractor under contract? Last I heard they had someone doing engineering drawings and site surveys. Has it been put out for construction bids? Someone out there in the construction business give us an update please.

You really don't need docks or for that matter a ramp to launch your boat. I do it by myself and my boat is a 17' fiberglass Bayliner. I think it all boils down to how determined you are to fish a lake, river or stream. Where there is a will, there is generally a way.

Finding lures is going to be like finding Waldo with everything covered with algae and moss, etc. and most of them won't be worth anything because the wooden ones will be water logged and swollen and when they dry out they won't go back to their original size. Some of the plastic lures will fare better but you would still have to replace hooks and split rings and you still may not have a fishable lure because of internal rust. They do make nice garage wall decorations after you pressure wash them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Bassman, I think you are correct on the status of this marina project. I think the State has a conceptual design for the marina itself. I believe the holdup is on the financial side. The marina financing is based on joint State and private monies to build and operate it, and at this point it appears they may have state monies but do not have the private monies lined up. I don't think this project is going anywhere until and unless private money is secured. I have not seen any solicitation for a private partner.
I personally would like to see this marina built, but at this point I'm skeptical about it's future.

·
Registered
558 Posts
OBM, 13 ft. Would take it below the concrete ramp and from what I understand below most ramps is a drop off or ledge from erosion. Good luck getting your trailer over a 3 ft ledge...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Btw ol, I'm also hoping this goes away. Weekends will be a ZOO!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
If I may "suggest", would be out with a digitial camera and a GPS unit on a boat followed by an extensive "walk about", carefully taking GPS way points, photos, and particularly noting bottom type "transition points", existing cover, ect, ect, ect. And YES, would be talking to the COE and ODNR about adding cement rubble/ block and 10 hole red brick (in that order) crayfish habitats, "C" trees, "BB"s, ect. The draw down will likely hurt the fishing for a couple of yrs, as it did at CJ Brown, but at least you will have the chance to "stack the deck" in your favor for the future...I don`t fish CC a lot any more, but would STRONGLY "suggest" to those who DO that this is a "golden" opportunity to place cover EXACTLY `how` and `where` it can do the MOST future "good" ! Don`t let this ONCE in a life time opportunity slip from your grasp ! Far better to sweat than regret...

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
Have they even gotten a contractor under contract? Last I heard they had someone doing engineering drawings and site surveys. Has it been put out for construction bids? Someone out there in the construction business give us an update please.
Search the Ohio Facilities Construction Comission (former State Architects Office) site, all work/bids for Ohio come through their office.

OBM, 13 ft. Would take it below the concrete ramp and from what I understand below most ramps is a drop off or ledge from erosion. Good luck getting your trailer over a 3 ft ledge...
Power loading erodes the foot of many ramps. After the draw down, rain and PWC wakes will finish the job. I imagine Wellman will be impossible for anyone to use, the Haines Ramp will be usable only for paddle boaters.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I doubt that you will be able to make it to the main lake wihout walking a mile to the opening at the south end of the bay.

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm looking at a photo of the Wellman ramp after it was built and before the lake started to fill up.The ramps drop off very quickly into the old creek channel.There is an old roadbed North off the ramps and another along the old creek channel.Also you will notice a Big rock dropoff just South of the ramps.Looked like they got their fill for the ramps and made this dropoff.If the lake drops 13ft.forget Wellman's.I actually hope this Marina is not built.It will be Murder!!

Roscoe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts