Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we were fishing close to rome ohio in the ohio river sat,,saw a lot of fish on the fish finder,,,stopped the boat and casted down stream from the boat,,my line slowly started coming towards the boat upstream,,thought I had snagged,,,but my line kept going upstream slowly,,,nothing I could do but hang on,,,,it slowly took all the line off the reel and snapped it off like it was nothing and I had a lot of 50lbs test line on the reel

anybody ever run into this,,,,could it be a giant fish???,,,weird how it happened,,left me wondering what was that,,,,other than that we caught 4 flatheads around 20lbs

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah, happened to me and my buddy up at Montgomery. Night fishing with jigs, hooked something big, moved really slow up stream toward the dam. Chased it with the trolling motor for awhile, jig came loose. I would have loved to see what it was, but there was absolutely no moving it with the line. I was using 8lb mono. Couldn't do anything but follow it up river.

·
Registered
84 Posts
One of those VW-sized cats they always talk about? What kind of line were you using? Braid or mono? Terminal tackle? What kind of knot did you have attaching your line to your spool?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts