Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious who you guys use for towing insurance.

I have looked at BoatUS and it looks good.

Just interested to see what you all use.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
42 Posts
Boat US.I Used it once at Fair Port Harbor they were there in 30 min. Towed us in I signed my name and that was it.Worth every penny.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I second boat/US. hard to beat price and I hear good things about their service.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Trust me you won't go wrong with Boat US. Worth every penny. Excellent service and coverage. I used them for years and they always came through when you needed them. My buddy I fish with now has it and it saved our butts this year when the wheel on the boat trailer came off. Put the boat on the flat bed and delivered it over 70 miles not a cent out of pocket plus they were on it faster then we expected. Nothing but good to say about them!

·
Out of Lorain
283 Posts
Don't know if BoatUS is the same as BoatUS/Angler (freshwater (inland, Great Lakes)) - I think $59 or $69, and for another $10, you get trailer towing coverage, too. Can't beat that with a stick. Hope I never need them, though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Boat US for me,$67 per year with roadside assistance as well.Can't beat it with a stick.

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
The package the I got is good for all the great lakes and Lake St Clair. Go to their site and read the info and see where it covers. It shows you where their hubs/bases are. I believe that BoatUS sub-contracts the local boat towing services.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Boat US!!!! get unlimited on the water and trailer assist for $71 a year...that with a voluntary $4 donation to clean water act...came thru when i lost a trailer tire...$385 tow that cost me ZILCH!:)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've got Progressive. $500 each incident for $28 and my trailers roadside assistance is included

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I've got Progressive. $500 each incident for $28 and my trailers roadside assistance is included
whats the deductible??? and i'm guessing you pay and wait and hope they reimburse?? i know progressive doesnt have tow boats stationed up and down the north coast but BOAT US does!!! had progressive auto and the one claim i had they tried like heck to deny...dropped them on the spot!!! (they eventially paid the claim)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I've had Boat US for years and was towed 5 straight years with my old boat with no problems. Only once since 93 but its an easy deal with them.No muss no fuss. Can't beat them IMO.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
whats the deductible??? and i'm guessing you pay and wait and hope they reimburse?? i know progressive doesnt have tow boats stationed up and down the north coast but BOAT US does!!! had progressive auto and the one claim i had they tried like heck to deny...dropped them on the spot!!! (they eventially paid the claim)
Accoeding to my policy no deductible. I keep meaning to check with boat US to compare. I haven't had to use it. "knock on water" But will check and see for sure.

Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 20 Posts