close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What to use. Need help. Alum or Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Never really fished Alum or Hoover, will be at one of them this week. Will be going for bass mainly but also what ever else is biting. Will be fishing from bank. Could use some tips on what works out at those places. Should i just use my same old stuff (as far as lures) Or should i step up size in cranks, deep divers, Colors.

Thanks.

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I dont know a whole lot about Hoover, but I fished Alum quite a bit from the bank this past school year. At the spillway, I have caught LM Bass and Saugeye on simple twister tail jigs. There's also a large inlet on Africa Rd just north of Lewis Center rd that I've had some decent luck at. Plenty of bank to work with the last time I was there. The mountain bike trail leads a lot of the way around it.

3. Hoover duck pond. Caught white bass and s-eyes there 2 days ago.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Thanks for the help. What about Muskie's lol. Would be looking for smaller ones. Just would like to try to get a muskie. I have a couple lures and so does micro that are muskie lures. Any shot of getting any from bank.
    Really have no clue how to fish for Muskie or what to look for as far as cover they like.

5. fishinking

fishinking G0 Bucks!

If your still interested in cats......

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?p=470283#post470283

Muskie- Below Alum Creek in the spill way would be your best bet, good luck, Jimmy!!! :B

6. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Isn't the Duck pond ne arly dried up?

7. The duck pond water level is down but it's not dried up. ???

8. The only largemouth bass i have been able to catch at Hoover from the shore lately was with a black football head jig with a smoke crayfish trailer dragged along the bottom, bouncing off rocks. Water level is low and there are only a few places that will have access to deeper water. Most areas accessable by foot have a very slow tapering shorline. Water tempatures near the shorline tend to be pretty high. Best place for me right now has been at Oxbow. There is plenty of shorline to walk there and the channel cuts very close to one of the points. Hope that might help.

9. Bubba bass bigfoot

Thanks for all the info. we will be going to Alum. We will be fishing around and at the Dam (Below it and everything) Looking for bass and Muskie, and what ever else bites. I am going to bring Live night crawlers and dead shad (just in case the bass and stuff are turned off) Wish us luck we will be out there around 2 tomorrow.

Really wanting that first Muskie (no matter the size)

10. Search "hoover fishing report" it is updated each week.

11. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i am pretty sure u will get some on anything shiny like a bucktail with a silver/gold blade

12. I fished a couple areas at Alum from the bank Friday. The eastern cove just south of the 36/37 bridge was pretty productive for mixed bag . I got a sm, lm, three cats and one saugeye. Nothin huge ! I also noticed large schools of shad?????? I assume they were but they were very large! ( some 10 inches or more ) I have been gone from Ohio for 16 yrs, but I used to fish Alum a lot and I never really noticed shad before. Split tails , silver black with black dot below gills. If anybody knows , tell me please. I also fished the connected ponds on Africa just south of 36. Nice bluegills and channel cats. Used soft craws and the bluegill took the whole thing . Big bite for a small fish.