What To Do Verizon Yahoo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Dec 13, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

First of all I get this... Does Windows diffender or any other windows program do the same thing?

Dear Verizon Yahoo! member,

As of December 8, 2008, your Verizon Yahoo! Online Protection has ended.

Verizon Yahoo! Online Protection users who have not taken action will begin receiving service-cancellation messages from the security vendor stating “Your Subscription has Expired!”. These messages will run until you uninstall Verizon Yahoo! Online Protection. If you have already installed new security software, no further action is required.

There is still time to take advantage of Verizon’s special limited-time offer for Verizon Internet Security Suite, designed specifically for the Verizon network. Like Verizon Yahoo! Online Protection, Verizon Internet Security Suite provides a comprehensive, all-in-one security solution, as well as Verizon Security Advisor™, a complete security awareness channel with monitoring tools, tips, and more to help ensure a safer online experience for the entire family. Subscribe to Verizon Internet Security Suite now.

While we recommend the Verizon Internet Security Suite, you may decide to select another online security solution.

Before installing any third-party security software, remember to follow these important safety tips:

Make sure it includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, and fraud protection.
    Beware of free security software programs, especially those promoted through pop-up messages.
    Download software only from known, trustworthy sources.
    Verify a web address before downloading.
    For more information and frequently asked questions, please visit http://www.verizon.net/yahoochanges.

Thank you for choosing Verizon Yahoo!, and have a safe and happy holiday.

Sincerely,

Verizon Yahoo! Member Services

Then I see this-What should I do?

BIG VIRUS COMING !!! PLEASE READ & FORWARD !!!

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp " rel=nofollow

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus! This is the worst virus announced by CNN. I checked Snopes (URL above:), and it is for real!! Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called 'POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do NOT open it!
    Shut down your computer immediately.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

Snopes lists all the names it could come in.

2. i use spysweeper and never have any problems. dont use norton. thats a big resource hog.

3. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

has been around for quite a few years and Microsoft hasn't classified it as the worst virus ever. Some times they do send some thing out saying you have a postcard or letter from friends or family and hide a viruse in it. But none have ever been that bad. Use a viruse program of your choice and it will take care of these. Try AVI its free and works pretty well and wont screew up your computer.