What thr H?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by c. j. stone, May 31, 2008.

1. Logged on, read one thread, wrote a comment in reply to it, hit submit and got the message-Not Authorized to contribute to threads since not a member! This crap happens a lot!

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

sounds like you deleted your cookies and wipedn out your password for ogf. thus you have to log back in?

3. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Have you checked the setttings on the CA software from the last time you brought this up?

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

C.J., are you logging in by typing in your screenname and password; or just opening up the site?

5. Yes, have to log in with nickname and password every time (now). For years, I did not have to log in-just click the OGF stored "Favorite" link. And of all things, tonight I got TIMED OUT-while I read some printed matter for a few minutes! which I understand this site does not even have such a feature! I checked the CA software(as well as I could), and settings seem to be in order. I am starting to feel like that guy on TV nicknamed-HE HATE ME-from a couple years back!

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

This is definately a problem on your end. We do not log out users due to inactivity.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Really???
    I get logged out all the time when making a long post or when I open a second window to post pictures. Doesn't bother me. I just log back in and continue with the post.

8. sporty

Yes. The only timeout features that are part of the software are how long before posts are marked read, how long before an idle user is no longer shown online and the admin control panels.

I tried to duplicate this issue this morning (without messing with the work computer security settings) and was unable to do so.

I checked my session cookie before starting and I had been "logged in" to OGF since clearing the cache over 2 months ago.

I'm going to continue to investigate what settings might be doing this in IE or other security/virus software.

As mentioned before the software does not have feature to log out inactive users for any amount of time.

Jeff

9. sporty

Testing at home now. The only way I could reproduce getting logged out was to set IE, Tools -> Internet Options on the Privacy Tab set it to block all cookies.

Testing continues................

10. sporty

I cannot recreate the issue using Mcafee.

Anyone who is having trouble with being logged out needs to check on any security/virus/spyware/etc. software running and check settings for cookie deletion. If cookie monitoring is active check for an exclude list and put in ohiogamefishing.com.

Jeff

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

bump...

Thanks Jeff. This info should be helpful to a few people if they see it. :B

12. This is fun. I got timed out tonight while adding some wisdom to a thread-took all of 3 minutes!

13. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I really think it's on your end CJ :(

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ditto.got to be in your settings or isp,router problem causing the disconnect.

15. I think you're right, Misfit. I have no idea how tofix it though! Just now I've been timed out twice and had to log back on IN TEN MINUTES(not each time-but twice in ten minutes total)! I'm typing fast as possible so I can get this on! Seems every time I turn my computer on anymore, I get a popup message CA Security has run a scan for viri! This is free with RR so I'm not complaining-just venting....