close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What the ____ is this ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atrkyhntr, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Here is a photo of a pop-up I get now and then on this forum...
    I'd like to know if it is from here or maybe, as some do, it shows its face after I leave another site...

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

There is an add in the upper right corner of the screen that triggers that nasty thing, the add is not there all the time but alot..When your cursor hits that add even without clicking it yoiu will get that..The add says in small letters "move mouse here to download free"

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I always click the X in he upper rt corner, some of those things load when you hit "cancel" :confused: Not saying this one does, but I know I've hit close on some and had them try to load.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

This websight doesn't have just normal pop-ups. They are those ones that trick you into thinking XP is really trying to tell you something.... :(

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i used to get the ocasional one but we are running a pop up blocker now and never get them.

6. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I run a pop-up stopper and never have a problem.

Sometimes (very rarely) the pop-up stopper program misses one. I just move the mouse cursor below to the taskbar and just right click on the ad then select close. The add gets closed without activating the pop-up. I am running win 98 SE though. Not sure about XP.....

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I haven't seen this one before, but I just disabled that particular advertiser so it's gone.

Just a reminder, these ads help us pay our monthly costs, that's all, nothing more, nothing less. It is not our long term goal to keep them up and running, but until we secure other reoccuring sources of income, they stay for now.

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i have netzero pop up blocker and i never see them

9. I did not know it was an ad...
    I use run a pop-up blocker but wanted to see what this site had to offer... :)
    I know the $$$ comes in real handy!!! :D
    I'd hate to lose some ads because we're promoting pop-up blockers here... :eek:
    Good heads up there Jack I'll see what you were talking about next time I see it... ;)