Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a cheap crossbow target. The target I have lets the bolts almost pass thru. The bow is scoped and sighted in but; I would like to shoot more often between now and turkey openner just to become more familiar with the Bow. Anyone have any suggestions on making one?

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Layered targets are great for easier arrow removal, but the lifespan is not good. A $25 bag target is probably your best best. You can make one with a burlap sack and old rags, but it's probably easier to just buy one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
monster tough bag the way to go for field tips...just dont try it with broadheads....ive used the same bag with field tips for 2-3 seasons with no problem...and that's with shooting every day for 8-9 months out of the year. usually cost 30 bones but sometimes i seen them on sale for 20 at end of season

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hopefully a whitetail 10pt+ buck broadside, no wait, this will just slow them down and they stick in the dirt. Have not tried the turkey targets to date but it may be an option, also possibly a yote, but again these only will slow them down. I'm a cheap kind of guy, I can get hi-density foam from work 3x5 and back - back they are 4" thick. The bolts at 20yds. go about 4-6" out the back w/broad heads. unscrew the tips and pull them out the front.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I use a bag target. My brother in law has shot his crossbow at it and it stops it just as well as my compound. I use the McKenzie Tough Stop. I picked it up at gander for about 20 bucks and made a stand out of 2x4's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts