close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What species do you fish for?

Discussion in 'OGF Frontpage Polls' started by captnroger, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Bass

528 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Walleye/Saugeye

342 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Catfish

186 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Carp

31 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Pike/Musky

55 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. Panfish

212 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Other

59 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

What species do you primarily fish for?

I'm a bass & striper guy myself, converting to walleye up at Erie. You?

2. You should add a category. All of the above! LOL.

Primarily bass, walleye/saugeye, and panfish.

3. You should add creek fishing. I checked on panfish since I hit the crappie and white bass hard in the spring, but I love fishing for everything. I dont have a boat so most of my fishing is wading the creek so I catch all kinds of stuff.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Twistertail,

That might have fallen under Other ;)

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Bass around the state. Northern, lake Trout, bass, perch in Canada.

6. Mainly fish for Bass but getting into Crappie in the spring and Walleye in the fall. I used to do a lot of catfishing but haven't in recent years.

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Mainly Bass but I sure do like fishing for spring walleyes and crappies at mosquito and those powerful hybrid stripers in the Ohio River.

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

saugeyes and walleyes of course

9. there is no catagory for anything that bites. thats my vote.

10. I fish for sm & lm bass , crappie in the spring in fall, and bluegill & catfish all year. I had to vote for catfish though; as I spend more time fishing for them than anything else! :D

11. This year I have dedicated the season to try to catch "Fish With Teeth". Early in the year it was Steelhead and Lake Trout in Pa., but fishing locally the Saugeyes are the target. This has resulted in a couple of "Fish Ohio" catches, along with a couple of "Fish Ohio" Muskies. I'm currently working on getting up by Lake Ontario for the Salmon.

12. Catfish, when the boat isn't broke down, and muskie.

13. Largemouth are my favorite, but I can't seem to put my muskie rods down for very long!!!!

14. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I fish for mostly bass and sometimes walleye when they are easy to catch ay berlin.

Good Luck

15. Been fishing hard for carp (if you can call it that ;) )
    Right now I am getting my kids involved which means catch fish and numbers... :D

16. FISHERLADY

FISHERLADY Fish OH Master Angler

I love LM. Especially big ones. I fish for anything and everything but, Bass are my favs. I am strictly a catch and release. (Unless it is a record/mounter fish) I finally got my 2 biggest one's this yr. A 171/2 and a 21" LM. I just love the way they fight! whew! I wade, belly boat, and bank fish. Occassionly boat fish too. (If only I knew more people with boats! LOL!) :D

17. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

depends on the time of year- northerns, saugeyes in the early spring ( feb , april) , crappie, bluegill in the spring, then on to night fishing for cats in the tusc. during the summer- usually fish the tusc a lot ( less than 1 mile from home) but its rained every time this year that I have time off, so I've been fishing leesville and atwood for saugeyes, but have been catching a lot of LM , crappie, and white bass at atwood. 'Rude Dog

18. I am mostly a Steelhead angler in the Fall, Winter, and Spring. In the early summer I go out for cold water Walleye and throughout fish smaller waters for Crappie and Smallmouth. I mostly stick to river fishing though. I live right behind the best place to catch Steelhead anyway and the Rocky thrives with all different kinds of fish in the summer. Been fishing out of state in the summer for Salmon and Trout, upstate NY.

19. I'll fish for anything, but since I bought my cottage at Atwood, I've been trying to figure out how to catch some nice ones. I also am happy when I can catch a nice mess of panfish for dinner. Then, of course, there are the catfish, and I am really getting interested in the fine art of carp fishing. Maybe I don't really have a favorite and I just love to fish. :D

What I really need to do is find another retired guy who can spend time on the water so my poor wife doesn't have to go everytime. :D

20. Bassman

Bassman KevinVanDamJr

My name, sig, and avatar say it all.