close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what size little cleos do you use?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by fish4wall, Sep 21, 2004.

1. i'm stocking up on stuff for the run and i cant remember what size i got last year.
    last year the color was green and sliver. i think i'll hit the Chagrin late oct.
    any info would be great.
    thanks
    fish4wall

2. Dingo

Dingo

various. Depends on how far out they are and how active. I'll normally start real big (up to 3/4 oz) to cover as much water as possible, seeing if I can get things started -- then reduce the size from there (lakefront). I normally end up in the 2/5ths oz area, but will go smaller if they're in close. In the rivers, I'll start smaller since the casts don't have to go as far. I seem to use 1/4oz in the river, if not smaller.

The best selection of cleos that I have seen is at the bait shop near Ladue (north of 422 on 44). He has colors and sizes that I haven't seen elsewhere, including the internet. I also picked up a bunch on ebay last year, at less than 50 cents a piece.

3. I am a fan of the 1/4 ounce K.O. Wobbler and a #1 Vibrax spinner. They've always seem to produce fish for me...

4. thanks for the info..
    when we go up we fish the dam and fight with the Russians. :rolleyes:
    fish4wall

5. 1/4 oz KO Wobblers, silver and green and 1/3 oz Little Cleo's, silver and green and silver and blue.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Little Cleo's are my favorite for many species and i have a ton of them in many colors and sizes.
    Im thinking of hitting the run up there too, anyone want to give a "rookie" and info. to help me get on fish? Also im a CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE angler, so no worries about me taking fish home and hurting anyones spot.

Scott

Heres a selection of colors they make:

[​IMG]

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned