What New Gear did you buy for this season?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by icebucketjohn, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Spud Bar, Auger, Flasher, Camera, Reels, Poles, Shanty, Tote Sled, Ice Walkers, etc?

Me.. nothing besides line, lures, pin-mins.and a pair of ice walkers.

Although I'm itching to get a Vex and a "clam-type" shanty, those niceties will have to wait till next season.

2. leadcorebean

leadcorebean Charter Captain

well so far i spent $200 on lures and snow pants from gander plus the $300 pro trap which works so nice .. i got tired of pulling the 4 man frabill i have .. also got a vex. so i got some money in this year and only been out 3 days in michigan ..

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

My new purcahse for this year is a shanty! It is going to be like heaven compared to sitting on a bucket. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped. Next year I am going to get my camera and then I will have it all!

I also picked up a couple of jigs and some new line, pretty standard there.

4. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Bought a new "flip style" shanty (Shappell Rover 2.0). So far I love it, has a rod locker under the bench seat (which is long enough to lay on for a nap when the bite slows). Also, all the gear is in a sled, no more strapping everything down or things falling off over hills and such!!! Also, only need to haul 1 bucket for fish (always had at least 3 before (one for fish, one for rods and bait, and a short one for the vex. Should have bought one of these long ago.

5. Bought the Clam Guide, cover for it, hitch for it, 1 rod reel, new line and some lures and pin mins. Thats a little over 500$ who said ice fishing is cheap! Reality is that I really didn't have to have any of it, but the new shanty will make life alot easier.

6. one new reel on clearance at sportsmart, some wolfram tungsten jigs. thats it. I need a flip shanty but my shappell will do as long as our winters are this weak.

7. I order alowrance 67c ice machine should be here mon.Just got back from gander,bought aheater.So right now it's costly for no ice.But I look at this way at lest I'll have these toys for furture ice adventures.The way the freeze is going I'll beable to leave these things in my will.

8. ress

ress

bought a StrikeMaster Lazer Lite auger !!! So far have not been able to use it. We have been drilling by hand for 5 years and after a few trips to Michigan and drilling throu 20 inches of ice it was my turn to buy a peice of equip. My friends have the other toys. I sure hope it works like it should, 500 clams.

9. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Ordered one of the Clam Chairs from Thorne Bros. Wanted it for days when going to small ponds where I don't feel like bringing all my tip-ups and the shanty. I'll still keep all my gear in it and sit on it when using the shanty.

10. So far I just bought a new rod and made a bunch of jigs.

11. Lets see, a new hat ,fingerless gloves,got a bunch of lures from www.customjigsandspins.com - 1 glow charger - 8 slender spoons - purests - flu flu jigs - diamond jigs - & some plasitics-Jammin Jigs.com - flutter bug kit - pin minnows - 2 chain rigs & some other spoons whose names I've forgotten . :D :C

12. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Some new products to try from microspoons, meathooks and shad darts. Some fairy jigs from thorne bros. A couple chubbys for mosquito. Some T.H.E. jigs from minnesota. Pair of Ice Armor gloves. Fl-18, that i got for $100. And a Frabill Venture for $85. Spent around $250 for everything.

13. T.H.E. jig have u used that. I have heard quite about it and am intrested in them. Have u had much luck with them?

14. i got a new rod some pin mins and stuff like that for christmas getting ready presque isle fishing

15. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Lindy Rattlin Flyer Spoons.

16. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

New underwater camera from e-bay, magnifying cover for the vex, new tanks for the heater, new bucket (old one got melted from the lantern on a summer catfish excursion), couple of wire rod holders, some new line, and a serious disregard for my own personal safety!