Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rigging a baitcast dropshot setup,its a Team Daiwa Cielo dropshot rod (titanium tip) I put a Abu Garcia Revo S reel on it.Im trying to figure what line to put on and what test.My choices are 8-10 lb flouro,some type of braid,Sufix 832 fused or braid.Im going to use it on Lake Erie,mainly for smallmouth bass.Anybody have some suggestions? FISHING DALE/SANDUSKY BAY

·
Tackle addict
2,036 Posts
Hi Dale,

I typically use two lines for drop-shot on a baitcaster: Yo-Zuri Hybrid in #6 and Sunline Sniper FC in #7. The Sunline is excellent stuff and has great abrasion resistance. If you can find it, the Biwako Guide Special FC in #7 is great for big fish on light line also.

I'd avoid braid due to the zebras.

The Revo S might have a spool that is too heavy for casting light baits. Let us know how it works out. I typically use a Sol or a Pixy for drop-shotting...especially with that awesome Cielo with the Ti tip!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice,Ill let you know how the Revo works,maybe a excuse to buy another reel!Thank You,FISHINGDALE/SANDUSKY BAY

·
Ranger188
1,580 Posts
My main line is Power Pro Hi-Vis Yellow 6# test,I then attach a leader of about 7' with Seaguar Tatsu flouro also 6# test.This is a highly sensitive setup.I attach the two lines with a double-uni knot.I fish Lake Erie solely for smallmouth bass,I can't remember a fish breaking off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts