close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What kind of tree?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mac, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mac

Mac

We just returned from a trip to Cincinnati. As we were driving up I71 to Columbus we saw many small trees along the interstate in bloom with purple flowers. Does anyone know what kind tree it is?

2. Most likely Redbud. A couple weeks ago I planted 8 saplings in my yard. 2 American Redbud, 4 different varieties of cherry, and 2 forsythia.

3. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

American redbud, an understory tree like the dogwoods that bloom white.

4. Only tree I can recognize is the dogwood. Know how???

BY THE BARK!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOOOOLLLLL!!!!!

5. It could be purple plum.
    [​IMG]

Or it could be red bud.

[​IMG]

Both are in strong bloom right now.

6. Mac

Mac

Thanks all. We think they were the redbuds. Too bad it was raining when we returned or we would have taken a picture or two.

7. If they were growing wild... most probably what others have said...redbud, Cercis canadensis. Beautiful native.

8. Mac

Mac

They were along the interstate (I71) between Cincinnati and Columbus. We assumed they were part of a seeding done some years ago and the trees are now big enough to be seen. North of Columbus we hardly saw any.

9. Im guessing redbud, awsome looking trees. Ill definitly have one when I buy a house.

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Definitally redbuds. My girlfriend actually asked me what they were today, to which I responded "redbud." Then she asked me why they were purple :D

To which I responded "I dunno..."

11. Redbuds are finally out---you know what that means?
    Spring is here!
    But you knew that, right?