close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what kind of hitch should i git?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by dip, Apr 25, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

Reese better than the others? i need to dump a hitch on my 94 F-150. any suggestions appreciated.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Reese or a reciever type is the best type. Check U-haul dealers. Their prices are really good. You can also buy one at several discount stores like Meijer etc.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

where are you located. there is a place called travel rite here in cleveland , and they have been making hitches for about 30 yrs. a lot cheaper too. the one for my gmc safari van bolted right up and NO drilling needed. saved on installation. just let u haul do the wiring.

4. dip

dip dip

dayton.... i guess i was wondering about one brand vs. another.... sposed to be a trailer outfit in piqua that sells used hitches. mite stop by u-haul guy 2morrow.

5. While on the topic of hitches, anyone have a used hitch for a 98 ranger flareside?????

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

30 miles north of dayton???? did you move??

7. Reese hitches are better because...umm...umm...because they cost more.:D I owned a Shelton brand once and another that I cannot recall right off hand. But both hitches served me very well. You will pay more for anything that says Reese on it. Some may argue otherwise but I don't feel it is necessary to have the Reese name on your hitch.

8. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Unless you are towing mega-weights don't worry about it. Any hitch that costs more than $100 is overpriced. They just aren't that hi-tech, you know?

Buy the used one. (What, does it have rust on it?) Get it slapped on and off you go. I've never spent more than $100 in my life on a hitch.

Now, if you're towing 15,000 lbs all day, a better hitch may be warranted.

Reese, Shelton, Drawtite, TrailrRite, Binkley, Diggs etc. All do the job for the general public just fine.

UFM82

Just be glad you have a Ford and not a Chebby. Then you'd be looking for tow hooks. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

9. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just be glad you have a Ford and not a Chebby. Then you'd be looking for tow hooks. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

A Classic. LOTFLMAO

10. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

If you have a tractor supply near you, they have hitch kits in stock- also, on the wiring,you can go to advance auto, and (if ford is as advanced as chevrolet !!!!) you can purchase a wiring harness that SIMPLY PLUGS IN !!!( theyre' about fifteen bucks , thats what the one for my '93 K2500 was) theyre foolproof, just plug them in and you're wired !!! FYI, 'Rude Dog.