close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is your Christmas morning like

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Tina and I have now shared 43 Christmas Mornings together ,of which 42 have been with our children. We wait until everyone is awake and then gather around the tree to open presents. The presents are opened one at a time so everyone can share in the anticipation and excitement of each individual person. As the family grows so does the time involved with Tina and I savoring every minute and each experience.
    Once again this year we are very fortunate to have all our children and their children here to share Christmas Morning. We are truly blessed and thankful for these opportunities to be together on this very special day.

I hope each of you enjoy Christmas Morning as much as we do and in your own special way. :)

2. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Thats about the same here. Both kids still here in there beginning 20's. The only thing that differs from year to year is the time we start. It's later and later. It's now 7:30 and everyone is still in bed. WAKE UP HO HO HO HO

3. used to be out Christmas morning started with me breaking out the musical christmas bell that plays jingle bells till the batteries go dead to get them out of bed before day break.
    Now that they have grown they still have yet to take revenge for all the years I did that to them.
    Now they show up mid day with grandkids in tow, we have dinner and they go straight to grandma (She play's santa).
    Seams Christmas is getting a little better every year it passes by.
    We dont have a lot of money and we are in dept up to our ears, but we do have plenty of love and respect from our family and friends.
    So you cant get much richer than that I have herd.

4. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Ours were very similar but this year we are doing something special. We are trying to stay warm as our power has been out since Thursday morning. I have a generator hooked up and it will run the propane furnace and this computer so we really don't have it that bad. Waking up to 53 degrees will make you appreciate what we take for granted. I feel for those guys out there working to get our power back on, it can't be more than 10 degrees. So thanks to you in advance. Merry Christmas to all!

5. i was just at the local store and there was a guy in there griping about how it doesn't even feel like christmas without the power on and a kid who couldn't have been more than 14 looked over at him and said "GLAD THEY DIDN'T FEEL THAT WAY AT THE FIRST CHRISTMAS BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE ELETRIC EITHER" you could have herd a pin drop right before we all started cracking up

funny how some people cant see the forest because of the trees

6. For the last 5 years my wife and son and I find four families who are down on their luck and start the research early on the kids by watching thier interests and other events.
    We shop together, wrap things together and do all the planning even up to leaving foot prints and shigh tracks on the front lawn.
    We rise before dawn and load the truck and start to make the deliveries, placing the gifts in yards and porches depending on where everything will be safe.
    Once we finish one family, my son gets on the cell phone and calls the house with a wonderful act of santa and all he exclaims is," You and your family were not forgotten this Christmas" and we sit down the street to watch all the excitement.
    It has turned into one of the most enjoyable events of the year, so much at 22 yrs. old, my son now doesn't miss a Christmas.
    Just by accident we found a wonderful meaning to Christmas and the best part is watching the parents as time goes on trying to figure out who it was that remembered their family. So far we have never been caught.

So to all the wonderful folks on this site I wish you all The Happiest of Holidays.

JimG

7. JimG You and your family are "The Man". Merry Christmas, and thanks for all the people you helped out.

8. That is a wonderful thing to do and has to be a fantastic feeling on Christmas Morning. So many of us give in a indirect way and feel satisfied in doing so, :) but your way is terrific. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

9. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

my christmas was made last night, my bro-in-law is going thur a divorve and its really hard on him cause he has 2 little ones and he was a stay-at-home dad......well last month he found himself out on the street with no where to go and not a dime to his name thanks to his soon to be X-wife......me and my sweetie took him to our home and a week later he had a job but was heartsick over the coming holiday without his kids........so i made some calls and last night at 6 PM his little ones were at the door........he only got to spend 3 hours with them but it was 3 priceless hours........you had to be there.......for me and my wife that was what the meaning was all about...it had nothing at all to do with us it was pure joy watching this man who hasn,t seen his kids in over a month get to spend time with them and be with them as they opened gifts and played with our dogs.........so this may just be the best X-mas i have ever had knowing that just for that short 3 hours we gave something to someone who really didn,t want anything more than to spend an evening with his kids.........it couldn,t have been any better....merry christmas to all.............. :cool:

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

my christmas has really been made even better by simply reading this thread :)
    i always put alot of time at work into helping out with the toys for tots program in our county.family and children are what really counts,especially this time of year.
    i hope all of you really have an enjoyable holiday season!