Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing well this year crappie fishing. Found nice spot a Deer Creek where I knew I could take wife and twin grandsons, where I could put them on some action. We get to the spot back in a cove and pull up to a nice brush pile. We start to fish catch a few and have a nice lunch on boat. Picture perfect day with the family. Then more total disrespect from people! Two guys and a lady set up to bank fish. Not close to us but clear over on other side of cove. Immediately a blue tooth speaker starts playing music so loud that it vibrates items on boat. It gets worse. Not only was the music way to loud the M/F words and talk of male and female body parts in song was unbelievable. A older gentleman that had been fishing on the bank also, says that music is going to scare the fish. And they tell him the fish like it. Unfortunately for us the language in this music was something my 7 year olds shouldn’t be hearing. So we had to leave our fishing hole. My wife very rarely goes fishing with me, and she couldn’t believe how fellow fisherman had such disrespect. Especially how I tell her what nice people I come across while fishing. I even told about all you guys helping the lady out with some fresh fish. A day that started so good went so bad.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,227 Posts
that generation in general is pretty disrespectful ... my son behaves himself around me, but I can glean from his comments that he and his friends feel like they're what it's all about ... the problem is, when i was a kid and young adult in the 60s and 70s, if you got out of line there was no shortage of people to straighten you out one way or another so you understood having manners ... if you didn't get slapped around for being stupid, the threat was enough to get your attention ... now everyone is either ok with asinine behavior because they do the same crap, or they're afraid to say something for fear of being chastised for having some sort or etiquette or even worse, a confrontation that often ends badly for someone ... some of these punks just need a big can of whoop ass opened on them once or twice ... they call it respect, but the mafia knew about respect, you treat people the way you want to be treated, the consequences can be severe, but too many of these imbeciles don't care ...

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,794 Posts
Prime example of the current ME ME ME society we are currently living in. MOST people only care about themselves and not those around them.
Seriously. It's been on full display during this covid. Every day at work we got people asking why? Why? But why? But why? All day long. "Uh cuz corporate says that's the covid policy"! Then the barrage of profanity is released. One dumb #$%@ spit at us. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If people so upset, why not drive away? Make a big scene and still get food:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sad thing is these were not what I call young kids, all 3 adults were late 30s to 40s. I wanted to ask if they let there kids listen to that crap. If they said no then why do my grandsons have to. If they said yes then I would say that explains everything about your life style.and it’s all about YOU! But I thought best to let things go

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
you really didnt say what generation those jerks was from. but it really doesnt matter because there are jerks in every age group. i worked for a guy and we'd meet up at this greasy spoon for coffee before work. i am 69 as of today. he was a little older with a younger brother that showed up some times. his younger brother was loud obnoxious and filthy. every few words was either the mf or the f word. my boss was bad enough on his own but when his younger brother showed up he got as bad as his brother. the place was full of woman most mornings. i would get so embarrassed most mornings if the brother showed up i'd just leave. i've seen pigs from every generation. most are ok but that 10% that dont have any respect for anyone at all. then get peeved off if someone says squat about it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Today's kids have no respect for anyone or themselves.At work there was a young kid they hired about 20-22 years old.He wasn't there a week and would act out and act stupid,and I don't put up with non-sense.He came in to the lunch room and said, "I don't want anybody to "dis" me".I knew what he meant but said, "what does that mean"?He said that means don't disrespect me. I looked him in the eye and said," what did you do to earn my respect ?He had a stupid look on his face and said," what does that mean"? I shook my head and walked away.He only lasted about a month,but that whole time he would avoid me and left everybody alone.Total lack of an upbringing.A friend of mine pulled into a gas station and forgot what side his gas cap was on.He pulled up on the wrong side and went to back up on the other side.When a car pulled up blew the horn and said " to bad old man". He said nothing and began filling his truck.The biggest guy in the car put his hands on both pumps an kept shooting his mouth off,and my friend did not even look at him.Well the punk made the mistake of swearing and then tried to step through the pumps with mouth going 90 m.p.h..My friend is an ex-boxer and works with his hands for a living.He hit the advancing punk one time and he dropped like a rag doll out cold.He crumbled and fell between the pumps,his friends dragged him over to their car and said nothing.My friend also carries a 9 mm. but did not need it this time. It's scary out there be safe,and always be aware of your surroundings.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
The sad thing is these were not what I call young kids, all 3 adults were late 30s to 40s. I wanted to ask if they let there kids listen to that crap. If they said no then why do my grandsons have to. If they said yes then I would say that explains everything about your life style.and it’s all about YOU! But I thought best to let things go
Thanks for clearing that up and sorry they ruined your day. It's funny,you tell this story an automatically the older generation jumps the younger generation. Theres turds in all age groups. Older people have been complaining about younger people playing music to loud since there was music.
Just as many full grown adults make idiots of themselves as "kids these days":rolleyes:....
Lol sounds like deer creek has been a zoo this year.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up and sorry they ruined your day. It's funny,you tell this story an automatically the older generation jumps the younger generation. Theres turds in all age groups. Older people have been complaining about younger people playing music to loud since there was music.
Just as many full grown adults make idiots of themselves as "kids these days":rolleyes:....
Lol sounds like deer creek has been a zoo this year.
Lol right, it’s not like these whipper snappers raised themselves. Their parents from the all mighty 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s raised them to be saints!!!!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Today's kids have no respect for anyone or themselves.At work there was a young kid they hired about 20-22 years old.He wasn't there a week and would act out and act stupid,and I don't put up with non-sense.He came in to the lunch room and said, "I don't want anybody to "dis" me".I knew what he meant but said, "what does that mean"?He said that means don't disrespect me. I looked him in the eye and said," what did you do to earn my respect ?He had a stupid look on his face and said," what does that mean"? I shook my head and walked away.He only lasted about a month,but that whole time he would avoid me and left everybody alone.Total lack of an upbringing.A friend of mine pulled into a gas station and forgot what side his gas cap was on.He pulled up on the wrong side and went to back up on the other side.When a car pulled up blew the horn and said " to bad old man". He said nothing and began filling his truck.The biggest guy in the car put his hands on both pumps an kept shooting his mouth off,and my friend did not even look at him.Well the punk made the mistake of swearing and then tried to step through the pumps with mouth going 90 m.p.h..My friend is an ex-boxer and works with his hands for a living.He hit the advancing punk one time and he dropped like a rag doll out cold.He crumbled and fell between the pumps,his friends dragged him over to their car and said nothing.My friend also carries a 9 mm. but did not need it this time. It's scary out there be safe,and always be aware of your surroundings.
Sorry, I know this is off topic but in regards to Snagless’s comment. My son, daughter and the vast majority of their friends don’t fit the mold you cast young people these days. You really can’t generalize like that. You may know someone disrespectful but they are no worse than your generation. And honestly if you know a kid like that I believe the blame lies with the parenting IMHO.
Ok, putting the soapbox away. Please continue...

·
1,794 Posts
Not only was the music way to loud the M/F words and talk of male and female body parts in song was unbelievable.
The popular "organic healthy" restaurant in downtown Cleveland had a new years party and this is all their DJ played. We listened to half hour of the trash and ask for a manager at the exit. Bunch of young 20 somethings came and said it was pop music. I said pop music gets edited. They said it's what people want. The another one came over, must have been the DJs buddy. He was more defensive about it. They wouldn't even move us downstairs where the music actually seemed like appropriate pop music. That on top of not having their advertised mixed drinks and craft beer. They gave us Miller lite. Lol. I just went thru the bank and got the money back. Wont get another penny. We use to eat there....

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,524 Posts
Ugh...….good old foul mouthed gangsta rap....makes me physically ill to even hear it. I would have left too. By the way...these are the same type of morons who blast your eardrums at gas stations and traffic lights...Chrome, plastic and rust vibrating on a $500 car.

·
1,794 Posts
Ugh...….good old foul mouthed gangsta rap....makes me physically ill to even hear it. I would have left too. By the way...these are the same type of morons who blast your eardrums at gas stations and traffic lights...Chrome, plastic and rust vibrating on a $500 car.
EXACTLY! I love how they are the ones to then go out and support "rights" or to oust purported "rapists"..... even the white kids like to go out pound pavement for these injustices yet these songs are filled with vile acts of injustice. Cant make it up.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
Sorry, I know this is off topic but in regards to Snagless’s comment. My son, daughter and the vast majority of their friends don’t fit the mold you cast young people these days. You really can’t generalize like that. You may know someone disrespectful but they are no worse than your generation. And honestly if you know a kid like that I believe the blame lies with the parenting IMHO.
Ok, putting the soapbox away. Please continue...
you cant always blame the parents. i have seen and even know brothers that went opposite directions. i know two brothers that one was as wild as they get the other became a preacher. they had a dad for a preacher. i knew another kid that was the son of a preacher that was sorry. he was charged with rape. his dad even sold his house to get him out of the charges. 2 months later he was in a wreck with a semi and got killed. maybe it was justice i dont know.

i have 2 sons that i know was raised right. one works and raises his family. he is my oldest and will do anything for me. the other is a meth addict. if he needs a fix he will steal your gold fillings out of your teeth if he catches you sleeping. but i have to give him some credit. he is very respectful and would give you the shirt off his back. but he'll steal your money if given the chance. but only if he needs a fix. he is in prison now doing a yr. so i'm hoping he stays straight when he gets out.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've had a couple of 60+ yr olds try to wedge their boat within a 20 foot area that we were casting between our boat and the bank. Another time some 50 year old was blocking up one side of the Cheshire Ramp at Alum while he worked on his boating equipment for over 30 minutes. I wouldn't necessarily blame it on a certain age group, generation, or otherwise. There are clueless folks of every type.

that generation in general is pretty disrespectful ... my son behaves himself around me, but I can glean from his comments that he and his friends feel like they're what it's all about ... the problem is, when i was a kid and young adult in the 60s and 70s, if you got out of line there was no shortage of people to straighten you out one way or another so you understood having manners ... if you didn't get slapped around for being stupid, the threat was enough to get your attention ... now everyone is either ok with asinine behavior because they do the same crap, or they're afraid to say something for fear of being chastised for having some sort or etiquette or even worse, a confrontation that often ends badly for someone ... some of these punks just need a big can of whoop ass opened on them once or twice ... they call it respect, but the mafia knew about respect, you treat people the way you want to be treated, the consequences can be severe, but too many of these imbeciles don't care ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts