close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured What is this?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gone Wishin, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Sorry for category, didnt know where to post. I was hanging tree stands and trimming some branches and found this. The branch is covered in snowlike "things". Up close they have a little black center dot and they are wiggling. Really strange. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Beech blight aphids Grylloprociphilus imbricator. They feed on the sap of beech trees.

creekcrawler likes this.

3. Yep thats them. Weird little things.

4. Maybe cooties? I used to hear about them a lot when I was a kid but I thought only people could get cooties.

JamesF likes this.
  5. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

I have never seen those before in my entire life! Learn something new everyday.

6. Stay away from them, :eek:. Cooties are contagious:p. The deer may have them too!

crappiedude likes this.
  7. Saugeye Tom

Saugeye Tom River Pilgrim & Sojourner

Baby...BLACK CRAPPIE

All Eyes, crappiedude and fastwater like this.
  8. Shaun69007

Shaun69007 Bag'em and Tag'em

I have seen them on my beech trees where i hunt. The appear to stand up and sit down. they are Nasty

9. carp

carp

There everywhere in the woods this year,,, look like baby white spiders!

10. Probably another invasive species, with the climate change we may end up in a new tropical environment:eek:.

11. After seeing that branch i looked around and saw alot more. They were all over once i knew what i was looking for.

12. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

whitye snapper

fastwater and Saugeye Tom like this.
  13. There is also another disease that is endangering beech trees.

"Pogacnik fears that within 10 years Northeast Ohio will have no beech tress left.
    Beech Leaf Disease has spread as far south as Stark County already but it’s moved particularly far east, into Pennsylvania, almost to New York State. That leads to speculation it’s carried by insects that get blown in the wind."

http://wcpn.ideastream.org/news/which-ohio-trees-will-survive-next-few-decades