close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what is the nices part of Mohican River?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by leckig, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hi!

Not long ago I went camping to Mohican State Park and I did a little bit of fishing just north of it, must be this area:

map

I am planning to go there again just for a day this Sunday. Is there another area as nice or better? The fishing was pretty good, there, what about other parts?

Some of you guys probably know this part of ohio so much better, please let me know where else to go so I dont have to drive like blind there.

By the way, how is the lake there? Would my wife and her girlfriend enjoy it?

Thanks ;)

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

we camped at river run campgrounds last year rite on the river and it was pretty nice. There was also a cool lil rapids nearby. alot of rednecks down there causin a rukus though... wat kind of fish did u catch?

3. Swick

Swick Priority #1 Fishing

I grew up in that area, and Pleasant Hill in my opinion is the best lake in that area. The only problem is it's such a small lake, and there are so many water skiiers. It makes it hard to fish during the day, if you're fishing from a boat. From the bank it's not as bad. Try the cove on the east side of the lake right by the dam. There is a big rock in the water that you can sit on and there is a big fallen tree. I have done really well here for crappie and bluegill, with the occasional smallie or LM. The river I have never really done that well, except for saugeye at the spillway. Most people fish the area between the dam and the covered bridge.

4. I agree with between the dam and covered bridge.

5. interesteng. maybe we were lucky? I must have gotten 6 smallies in the river in an hour, one was my PB I think, around 16 I would say. I wasding the river down from the spillway a good idea?

6. I submitted a post about catching several fish in what I beleive was the stream from the spillway last weekend. Several LM, a few SM a rockbass and even what I beleive was a wiper. I was a nice clear, clean section. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Bdrape

7. We have had some rain the last few days so I not sure how the river fishing will treat you. I have fished a few times there and started at the covered bridge and worked my way upstream and caught some pretty good smallies. If you have a boat, and can fish the lake, I have been doing well throwing crankbaits at the lower end (by the dam) at Pleasent Hill. The shad are starting to get bigger......almost time to break out the jerkbaits!!!!!
    Good luck......try to leave a few for me.
    chuckj