close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the MAJOR Browns announcement???

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by AndroDoug, Apr 3, 2005.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I saw on channel 19 news that there will be a MAJOR Browns announcement at 4pm tommorrow. The sportscaster said "trust me, it is a BIG deal and we would all be interested in this HUGE announcement." He also said don't call him because he will not spill the beans. It sounded like he knew what it was already, and that he was excited. He persisted to reiterate how BIG this announcement would be and what a MAJOR thing this was going to be.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I need to know before 4pm on Sunday! I have no idea what it could be?! Please don't move this to the sports talk section just yet, I want it to be exposed to as many people as possible first so we can find out! Maybe someone on this site knows already.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

The major announcement is that they are moving ............... to Baltimore. Whoops already done that! :D Go Bengals.

Seriously, I'd like to know too.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Savage has done alot to improve the Browns, we will be on top of the division in two years...

5. Tell me that they traded down and will get two first round picks!

Eric

6. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Shouldn’t this thread be in the Comedy Corner :rolleyes:

7. Channel 19 likes to spoof the ratings with BS ads... Prob just that...

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

They asked me to quit my job and play middle linebacker. They are announcing it this afternoon. lol

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

the return of "nickel beer night"

:G

10. The big announcement is more shameless self promotion by Channel 19. You see, I work at TV 3, so I know what the deal is.

Since the Browns returned, TV 3 has done all the pre-season games and done the weekly coaches show. Well, the contract was up and channel 19 outbid everyone to gain all rights of Browns games, both preseason and regular season, any coaches shows, specials, etc. so their big announcement has NOTHING to do with teh Browns doing anything, except that all Browns games and shows will be on Channel 19 from now on. They're masking the announcement as Browns news to get more folks to tune in, when in fact, it's an announcement on CH 19 programming.

11. we were all trying to guess what it was at work friday. nobody was even close to guessing that. thanks big daddy

12. nope you all are wrong!! they offered me the qaurteback job!! i told em i would take it when i get done fishin lol

13. Tee

Tee Team OGF

THe BIG announcment is:

The Browns have just signed MR. Hankey as their new mascot and logo! New helmets, new jersies and NEW look! No more foolish barking. From now on the war cry will be "Hidey Hooooo!"

LOL

Go Bengals!

:D

14. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Channel 19 news does seem pretty low-down.

GO BROWNS!! :D

15. just got the scoop. they are going to announce that pittsburgh will continue to choke in the big games. keep your chin up coach c. maybe this will help :C

16. Hey Carl, what does this mean for us out-of-towners? Since the return, I've gotten just about every game on 27 out of youngstown. Will this change affect that?

Barry

17. Barry, all NFL games are carried by a network, either FOX, CBS, or ABC/ESPN/TNT. Channel 27 in Y-Town is a CBS affiliate, so you'll continue to get the Browns there, if they carry the game.

FOX usually carries the NFC, CBS the AFC, and ABC/ESPN/TNT carry the special time games, MNF, the Saturday games, Thursday night games, etc.

Who carries what all depends on $$$. CH 19 outbid all the other Cleveland stations to get the rights, so they can do what they want as far as marketing them.

But the games on Sunday will stay where they are, until the NFL gets it in their minds to go to a pay-per-view system for all the games.

18. Channel 19 News SUX! A TOTAL lack of class! It's like the Jerry Springer Show doing the news. How could anyone be proud of producing that kind of product is beyond me! :rolleyes:

19. Hey Carl when they go pay per view I am done with them
    and that will free up my fall Sundays...
    It will come too :(

20. they have a NFL football team back in Cleveland :confused: :confused: :D :D