close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the best brand line to use?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by orangecountychoppers., Jun 7, 2005.

1. I want some line with low strech, and prefferably strong. Just around 8-10 pound test line. What are all the brands and kinds of line you guys feel most comfterble with?

2. Here is a thread from the other day with a few opinions.

Favorite lines

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i like yo-zuri hybrid in clear. tahst what i have used for the past couple years and love it.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Not to be a smart butt, but how strong do you expect it to be if you only want 8-10 lb test? any line should be 8-10 lb in strenght if that is the size :confused:

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I think most prefer Power Pro who have been fishing all the time. People who I respect their opinions & fish all the time. They went from Fusion to fireline, but all have gone to Power Pro. You may as well go with closer to 15# as the diameter is so thin you can add strength and still be way below mono diameter.

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have wanted to try Power Pro, but have not brought myself to getting any. I suppose next time I need line, I will try some

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

SEAGUAR ,is prolly the best mono . most walleye fisherman use it for their leaders.

8. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

power pro is where it's at!

9. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

power pro is not very abrasive resistant. good for trolling or fishing where there are not many snags. had lots of break offs with it.

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

yo-zuri is extremely abrasion resitant.

11. midoh39

midoh39 member

berkley ironsilk is great for fish a jig or spoon ect. .

12. peon

peon account delete

trilene xl.. to tell you the truth i changed my line on my spining rod 3 years ago... and its still so strong.. never lost a fish from break off. and when i snag.. i have to cut it... cant break it myself.. have to cut it and its only 10 lb line ... i wont ever change from it...

13. I'm in a constant flux as far as lines go. They keep coming out with new ones, I keep trying them. The line I've used the longest for walleyes is Fireline 6#. It's worked out good for me. I can straighten a hook out on a light jig without breaking it if I snag. Fairly good abrasion resistance. I'm trying Berkely Vanish this spring and it seems to do pretty well. Not very Hi-Vis. above water like they claim though, at least with my eyes. I also use Fireline 14# to troll with and it does good and gets down way better than mono.

14. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

For Braid I would go with Power Pro, yes 20 Lb Power Pro is not as abrasion resistant as a typical 20 LB mono, but you can get away using 50 LB Power pro and it is still thinner and possible less detectable to the fish then 20 LB mono.

For mono I am torn between 2 brands, for my light rods using 6 Lb or less test I use P-Line XXtra Strong in my favorite color moss green. For my main carping poles normally at 12-15 Lb test I will use either the P-Line again or the McCoy Mean Green. They are both Co-Polymers, don't know exactly what that means but they are dang fine lines for the money. The famous RiverRat gave me the idea to start using these lines and I have been happy ever since.

I use yo-zuri as a shock leader sometimes but because of its thickness (which makes it abrasion resistant) and it stiffness I don't use it as a main line, it can impede casting distance.