close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is everyone using to take their river pictures?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bkr43050, Jul 31, 2007.

1. I see all kinds of pictures that guys take while wading the river/stream and I was just wondering what everyone uses. I don't trust myself to take my camera along because it will somehow manage to find the water. Do any of you have waterproof cameras or are you just bagging them in a good waterproof bag?

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i can't wade the rivers anymore,but pictures i've posted were taken with a cheapie $47 vivitar digital.took great pics for the limited features,etc and i didn't worry about losing much if it got drowned.had it 4-5 years till it finally got wet once to often:D
    i now have a 5 mp sanyo S500 with lots of bells/whistles,but is an easy point/shoot setup for me.like ronco,just set it and forget it:D
    very good quality pics and will hold 60 or more pics interally, without the optional memory card.haven't gotten any fish pics yet,but hope to have some to post this week.i'll probably just bag it on the water,but for 85 bucks,it won't be like losing the ranch if i pull a "misfit" with it;)
    after comparing it to other cameras,i felt it was well worth the price for the features and quality of pics.

3. I thought about getting a real inexpensive one for that purpose but have not yet. I guess I am just too tight.:D:D I bought one once a few years ago, I believe it was a Vivitar. It was only like $20 and at that time I had nothing else. I thought what the heck I can't go wrong with $20. Boy was I wrong!:eek: I should have just flushed the 20 spot down the drain.:rolleyes: I returned it promptly because the pictures were awful. I know they have improved the technology overall so the low price ones would have to be better than back then.

Right now the only shots I take are with my good camera (only one) which is a Sony. It stays in my tackle box on the boat and just comes out for pictures and right back in.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

here's a pic of fishintiger i took a few years ago with that vivitar.not bad for a bargain basement camera.the only drawback was it hadf a standard viewfinder that was hard to get shots centered with sometimes..no more of that with the sanyo,and the 2 1/2 inch lcd screen:D

Attached Files:

5. Not bad??? That picture is a mess. The colors and letters are all messed up on his shirt and hat.:D:D:p

6. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

I have a kodak easyshare C533 camera which takes really high quality pictures and is an inexpensive camera nowadays...less than $100...and I believe it is water resistant.. I know that doesnt help when it is fully submerged, but the rain or water from splashing wont affect it...but all my pictures I've ever posted have been taken with it...I cant complain

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

please do not fault the camera for my protege is fashionally challenged.i think his mother still dresses him:rolleyes::D

8. Then his mother is fashionably challenged as well.:D:D

I was hoping to hear from some of the folks who take their cameras wading. I have seen a lot of pictures lately from the river and I think it would be neat to have the camera along for some of those shots. Does anyone have a waterproof case that they carry theirs in?

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,in that case i can't help:p :D
    bt i do know there are a lot of waterproof camera cases/bags on the market that you can leave on the camera while shooting,or remove.made for all types/sizes.personally i'm too cheap to buy one so i'll probably go with the old ziplock bag;)

10. I take mine sometimes and just double bag it with a ziplock. It comes out for photos then right back in the double bag.

11. Yeah, I have considered the ziploc bag option but I guess I was still too nervous about the bag not being durable enough. If I can find a durable waterproof bag of some kind that would be nice. I found a few in a quick search online. This one looks nice for only $30.

Waterproof camera case

12. When I go wading, I just double bag the camera and stick it in my little pouch that I throw over my shoulder. The wife dosn't like it (it's her camera) but I paid for it, darn it!!! Havn't had any trouble getting wet yet.

13. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

we don't wade, but canoe. we bought an pentax optio wp. very small, waterproof. don't have to worry about getting it wet.

14. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Ziploc sandwich bag in back pack - never had a problem.

15. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I carry a Pentax Optio E-10 (not waterproof) in my vest when wading or canoing. If I anticipate getting wet I'll ziplock bag it otherwise I just try to be careful. I've already drowned a nice little film camera.

Having said that, we were a Walnut Creek last weekend wading for smallies. I got pictures of my buddies bass, 16+ incher, camera stayed dry. Got home and I cannot find that dang thing to save my life. Going back to creek in morning to search for it. :mad: :confused:

I guess I need to bag it then tie a chain on it like the pens at the bank.:G