close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what is a "SENKO"?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by dip, Jun 5, 2004.

1. dip

dip dip

caint find 'em in bass pro cat-alog.

2. catking

catking Banned

They are like a stick bait made of plastic. Bass Pro shop calls them "sticko's" not quite like a senco, but basically the same thing. They are just a straight piece of plastic. CATKING......... Stick to cattin............ :p

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Senko is the brand name. Not sure where to find them.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

a "senko" is a heavy soft plastic stickbait made by Gary Yamamoto, you can find them at Dicks and Gander Mountain for about 6 bucks a pack.

5. dip

dip dip

not fittin to take up bass fishin.... just trying to expand my fishin knowledge.... heaven knows hangin around with DA KINK hasn't done me a bit of good! :mad:

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

And I thought it was coffee :confused: :confused: :confused:

bill

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Snaka, Bill :eek: ..Hey, I have heard no reports coming from you and dip, you still fishin?

8. i was bassin hoover today and was throwin a purple gulp sinking minnow. which is a scented kind of senko made by a different company. when all the sudden i get hit by a huge downword pull and when i land it i find a 3 pound catfish. i have heard of people using them under a bobber for cats.man they stink. :D

9. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Hi, Bass Pro doesn't sell the senko. Cabela's has them in their catalog. Gander mountain also sell's them. I have found that the new finesse worm works just as well as the senko. I caught ten bass with the same finesse worm on Saturday.

10. D**k's has a huge selection of the Yamamoto original senkos. Plus this week they have the Yum version (Dingers) on sale 3 get 1 free. They had a pretty good selection of those as well.

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Tried "senko's" for the first time this spring on a Texas fishing trip at my son's suggestion. I am a true believer in their effectiveness at catching bass. They really out performed all of my traditional soft baits that I had with me.

They actually wern't "senko's" they were "Kanami's", very heavily salted, tear easily. I was able to find some at a local wal-mart. We went through $50 worth in 4 days of fishing.

Kim

12. I don't know about the online store but the Bass Pro here in Cincinnati does sell them. I just bought a few.

they are on an endcap in the middle of the fishing area.

13. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Kinami Flash is a real Senko. Just marketed under a different name with less in a package...thus costing less. Look closely at the package. It says "Yamamoto Enterprises".
    EH

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i believe that kinami is own by the son of gary yamamoto, Derek.. same stuff..works on the silhouette theory.. :)

15. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

yeah your right crappielooker its made by his son

16. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I love senkos I use them all the time but I love the tube more.