close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Happens????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by smallieguy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

From 7:15pm to 7:50pm every night to the server of the
    website?
    maybe its me, but at 7:15 ish everynight the site freezes up.
    can't do a thing. activity lite on my dsl modem goes blank and
    the webpage just freezes.
    so I go away and 30 minutes later its back.
    any ideas?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

We are in the process of upgrading guys. Please hang in there with us. It's the same here with us too. Everything will be fixed and even better than before. Hope everyone understands.

3. I had a similiar problem tonight. Couldn't find the site for a bit. I'm assuming they were doing some maintenance or something like that.

4. smallieguy

Thanks Dale M
    glad it wasn't my dsl or here I come RoadRunner :D

5. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I thought it was a joke. When I clicked on the thread at 8:28 pm tonight, I got a server error message then my puter froze....co-inkie dink???? Hummmm :rolleyes: ;)

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

We are working on the issue, thanks for your patience.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

seems like a regular occurance lately.
    roger,i haven't noticed,but have you posted warnings in advance?i sometimes don't check the "problem" forum,but try when i see a new post.don't take my email to hard,but it sure do get me worked up when i'm logged and posting or sending a pm,and all of a sudden.............oops,the site goes down.it's not near as irritating when i can't log on,but when i get on,and keep getting knocked out,having to start a post over 3-4 times within an hour or less,my nerves get a little frayed :eek: :rolleyes:
    i hope it's just an internal problem,and the web hosting you offer to others works better :rolleyes:

hey dale,the devil made me ask this,so i just had to.
    where have i heard this before? :D ;)

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Truth of the matter is, we've outgrown our server. As a result, we are doing a major upgrade which will effect OGF and the other sites we host.

We're sorry about the inconvenience! Growing pains I guess?

9. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

easy way to prevent loosin what ya type is , type it up in notepad first then all you have to do is copy and paste. that way if there is a hiccup you wont loose anything and you can save it n send it later...

sowbelly

10. fish'on

fish'on Andy

Hey you wouldn't have allot of problems if you spent more time fishin'. Go out with the shovel and dig and big hole and there is your problem solver and you fish when ever. There is my answer to your problem.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sowbelly,i never did lkie takin' notes ;)
    too much work for me,and i'd probably lose them anyway :rolleyes: :D

fish'on,i got rid of my snow shovel,and besides,i'm in lockdown most of the time,so i got no choice ;)

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rick, come to think of it I have heard that before :eek: What was I thinking?? :D You better than I thought for an old guy!

13. Another tip to keep what you typed just. Just before sending it you can highlight the whole post and copy it to the clipboard. Then if for some reason it does not go theough you can either re-open the reply thread or then copy it to the notepad or wherever for when you sre able to get through. At least that way Rick would not have to feel like he was taking notes.:D

14. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

is the site uses a treadmill to power the server. at night when it is the older fellas turn to get on the tread mill they just cant get there legs goin fast enough to generate the power to run it, therefore causeing things to slow down...
    :D :D

sowbelly

15. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the new larger server.
    Shake was right we just outgrew our current server.
    With our huge photo gallery and the sheer amount of traffic we recieve,it was time to expand.
    Rather than cutting back,we decided to purchase much more space.
    Roger did some great research,and we will be implementing the new server soon.
    Thanks for everyones patience!

16. smallieguy

Thank You to all the moderators for the speedy updates to what is going on.
    I really thought it was my dsl server slowing down at night, do you know
    how many rednecks in my area surf at night???? :D :D
    Glad to hear things are going well for the best site on the web. :)

17. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I guess this explains what was happening to me the other day. I replied to a post directed to me with a somewhat extensive reply. After all the typing I get an error message. I just left the site and came back. Posted on another thread and it worked fine. then went to the one I already tried and typed a bunch back out and the same message. Here I thought it was just my computer being dumb :rolleyes: thanks for what you guys are doing for us! :)

18. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Just curious...anyone experience any site outages yesterday? We implemented a few tweaks on the server in the interim, and it seems to have helped?