close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What happened to the weeds @ Portage?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buick Riviera, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

About a week ago I fished 2 or 3 really nice weedbeds in Rex. Tonight I went out after work for a couple hours and the water was a low visibility greenish ink and no weeds to be seen, felt or hung up on. Did they treat the lake? If so, what a shame.

We caught 3 but had to work for 'em.

Is Mud like this too?

Buick

2. JoJo

JoJo Love to Fish

Yes and no...
    Depends on who paid aqua dock to spray the weeds and which way the current is flowing.

I am an avid bass fisherman that lives in a neighborhood that has lake privileges to Portage. We (our neighborhood homeowners association) do not spray for weeds but when the home owners that live on the lake spray, our weeds die.

I, too, fished today. It was work but I ended up with 3 keepers for 8 pounds, 2 catfish for 9 pounds. (Didn't particularly want the catfish but they took a liking to my worm....) and enjoyed a nice, not too busy day on the lake.

jj

3. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

They have sprayed at least twice that I know of now and it could poosibly be more. I don't care who sprays and where I've seen those guys out there spraying and they go a little overboard with it, so everything dies along with the good bite for a few days.

4. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

5. Pole Squeezer

Pole Squeezer fishfinder1

I don't like when they overspray, but removing some of the weeds is helpful to a shore fisherman like myself. It creates more bedding spots for redears.