Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NETT
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let to weekends go by without going to the big pond and what happen? We had to dig deep just to pull 11 fish, good marks but very few takers. I am a seasoned walleye anger but the fish said not today. We started in 74 flow pick up 2. Are program if that what you would call it. Downrigger 45 to 50 down pick up 3 fish, dispys on 3/150 back , dispys 1 1/2 /90 back, pick up 6 fish and the big boards with stick bait 200 to 225 back picked up 2 fish. The fish are out their, chime in lets talk. GOOD FISHING NETT

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I marked more bait fish today than I have on previous trips. Also noticed that the fish weren't stacked in the water column which usually means to me the fish aren't in a feeding mode. We had 4 or 5 days of wind and rain greeted by clear sunny skies. Just think if we can get into a stable weather pattern the next few days we will be able to get them again and not have to make a run to the border.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fished out of GP yesterday. 15 for the total, slow pick. Started at 68' trolled out to 72' ,trolled back to 65' which was probably r best depth dypseys,3setting 150, 1setting around 100-105, and spoons. Tons of throw back eyes, probably 30+ for the day.

·
716 Posts
I let to weekends go by without going to the big pond and what happen? We had to dig deep just to pull 11 fish, good marks but very few takers. I am a seasoned walleye anger but the fish said not today. We started in 74 flow pick up 2. Are program if that what you would call it. Downrigger 45 to 50 down pick up 3 fish, dispys on 3/150 back , dispys 1 1/2 /90 back, pick up 6 fish and the big boards with stick bait 200 to 225 back picked up 2 fish. The fish are out their, chime in lets talk. GOOD FISHING NETT
How fast were you trolling? If you were under 3.5 mph, I would go faster. Sounds like what happened to me last Sept. Every time I hit 3.8 I would get 1-3 on at once

1 - 10 of 10 Posts