close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Gun are You Using?

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by PoleSnatcher, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Mossberg New Haven 600AT 12ga.
    Winchester Super X Hollow Point Rifled Slugs 1oz 2 3/4"

2. I use a Rem. 1100 semi-auto 20 guage with Rem. slugs.

3. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

CVA inline 50 cal 100 grain
    Fishcrazzy :D

4. Mossberg 88 Maverick 1oz 3inch break my shoulder slugs.........LOL...........Rich

5. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

Ole faithful. Rem. 870 with a 26 inch smooth barrel. Throws slugs like a rifle. This gun must be 20 - 30 years old. It's a slug machine. Shoots any kind of slug you put in it too.

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

I use a Rem. 1100 semi-auto 12 ga. make sure to plug them :D at least 2 or 3 times a year i hear......... bam bam bam bam bam ............ :eek: jim

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

12 gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum with a fully rifled barrel and a red dot scope. It will hold the 3" shells, but they are not needed. I use Federal 2 3/4" rifled slugs

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

First Day I'll use my remington 11-87 with sabot slugs. After that it's all up to my in-line 50 cal. 3x9 scope with 240 grain sabot slugs. I love that in-line.

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i wanted to use my 50 cal in line but i know the scope is off and i wont have time to shoot it before the season :( ..............jim

10. Ohio-T/C .50 Cal 240gr 3-9 scope w/see through rings. drives tacks at 100yds.

In Pennsylvania the first two days i will be using my New remington 700 7mm mag with 140gr, leopold vari-X I 3-9.

11. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

My old faithful Winchester 1200 12 gage pump with Remington 2-3/4's. It's rare to get a shot over 50 yds where I hunt so it does the job quite well.

12. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

fishingful gave me an idea. How about a get together next year say in October to do some shooting and make adjustments on our guns before it's too late??? I know there is a range down at Salt Fork. That may be a good location for most of us. Just tossing around some ideas. I know I have a few that I would like to shoot and see how they compare. Also bought my daughter a 50 cal. T/C that she needs to spend some time with. If yer interested just say so and if we get a large number I'll call down to Salt Fork and get some info about a group showing up on the same day. I'm thinking a Saturday in October for now. Let's say the 8th. It's never too early to get ready.

13. Mossberg Trophy Slugster,3 in winchester sabots

14. Ol'Betsy! .54 cal. douglas barrel,42 in. long, hawken style!!lots of smoke and fire!!Ilike the round ball and patch at 85 grains 3f powder! good ridge gun for deer!!

15. stumpsitter

stumpsitter Regular Guy

Winchester 1300 pump with a slug barrel w/Remmington slugs. I bought that gun years ago thinking that I'd use it until I got a "better gun" someday. Now I have other guns, but I still hunt with it. I've shot every buck that I've ever got in gun season with it.

16. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

worminator sounds like a plan i allways want to shoot..........jim

17. i will be using my mossberg american slug gun with a cantilever scope mount
    fully rifled barrel with a redfield shotgun scope///shootin federal barnes 3/4oz
    sabots.until i get my 1st, then i'll use my redhawk 44mag stainless 7 1/2in
    with a red dot scope shooting 240gr hot handloads until i run out of tags :D
    mrstwister will be useing her xmas present from me last yr ;) a crown grade mossberg bantam 20ga with a cantilever fully rifled/an ported barrel with a
    bushnell bantam shotgun scope 1.5by4.5 by 32///shooting fed's barnes slugs
    this is a realy nice gun an a great shooter 2 bad it's 2 small 4 a big guy like me
    i got it on paper 4 her but she had 2 fine tune it/// it realy beat me up lol lol
    feds barnes out shot both the winchester slugs i tryed(part gold's an bri's)
    the bri shot ok 3'' group at 50yds gold's couldn't get a good group out of them best was 5'' at 50yrds.now them there feds wow three shot group at 5oyrds
    one hole the old clover leaf,,,,, lol,,,, if u know what i mean!!!
    then if we have anytags left muzzle loaders r cva hawken 50cal an cva apollo
    50 cal 3by 9 by 40 bushnell one it !!!!
    mr an mrs twister

18. so if it looks like the woods are on fire over your way, does that mean you got one? :confused:

19. No Gun For Me I Just Use Dynamite....

20. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

I'm tagged out as far as bucks, so I'm going to try to get a doe with my .50 Traditions inline