Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get out a couple times this week, but due to the weather conditions I am wondering how the bass will react. I am looking for any advice.

With the cold front and massive rain falls, do you think the bass will be deep, or in the shallows? Should I fish slower with the lower water temp?

Thanks, Shorefishin

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went out today and the only started catching stuff when i went deep, not sure if this is the norm though. I used the same speed I would normally used. Again, just my two cents, not sure if it holds true everywhere.

·
Wanye County Angler
81 Posts
if the water temp stays warm they might stay shallow but if the rain is cold they might go a little deep it all depends on water temp. If the water temp drops i would try swimbaits and jigs, and maybe flip and pitch around under water trees and cover they might pull into cover hope i helped a little bit good luck

·
'73 24' Stamas
975 Posts
It'll make their nipples hard...... ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In typical LaDue style, caught a bunch of white perch. No Bass, No Walleyes. I did manage a very nice cat while trolling an Erie Dearie w/ Crawler. That was fun.. The rain held off long enough.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It sure would be nice if people would put where they live so that they could get better info but I guess too many are trying to hide for some reason.

Bet this lights a fire under a few, lol.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts