close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What does it take?

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by neocats1, Aug 2, 2007.

1. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

What does it take to get some of the OGF catfishers to come out to a tournament or two? I know there are a lot of guys and gals who catfish, but only a few from here have competed in the NEOCATS tournaments.

2. Well my partner and I came and fished the Akron event---forget the name of that lake.... I been watching your schedule and it so happens that every tourny you have falls on a day that Im fishing bass tournaments...I thought a couple times that I might be able to make em after the basss events--ya throw a line out and tried to nap thru the night---but my butt is whipped after these events...so I havent made it back---But I hope this circuit continues next year-and I will try to fit more in my schedule...for sure---I also would like to mention that you ran a good show--had some good guys around that were friendly and willing to give a little advice.....I missed out on the door prizes but after looking at the pics of the following event--- looks like guys left with lots of goodies....I like the set up--I like the long events and i like to catfish...hopefully you can get a schedule up sometime in the near future of 08 events....Lastly for anyone reading--this is a good trail and I feel it will continue to increase in size---Keep doing it right and the numbers will show.....

4. neocats1

Thanks guys. We have a 2008 schedule on our web site. I think the new lakes we are including will definately be an advantage to the circuit.

Smallie75 - Thanks for coming to the Springfield tourney, but I have no clue what your real name is.

5. I was the guy in the Ranger bass boat....
    Scott--

6. Many of us simply like to fish for fun. Racing to get to weigh in on time doesn't appeal to me, especially when it takes us so long to get things set up.

7. neocats1

There is usually no race to weigh-ins because they do not start until 7:00 AM. I see a lot of teams back in by 6:30.

8. 7 am is way to early for us, even if it was on the same body of water we were fishing. We might make it by 9 am. We all enjoy different styles and reasons for fishing.