close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What does it take to be a....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 23, 2005.

1. I would like to know how moderator's are picked? I don't have any problem with the ones that we have, just would like to know how they were appointed?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Our moderators are chosen by several different ways. #1 the owners here put up a list of members we feel would make good moderators and then we discuss them. Next we vote on them. ( we have made some good choice and some that didn't work out) Even at that we wouldn't have voted any different. We also chose members that we feel would and have something to give back to the site. Moderating isn't an easy job folks believe me. You get crap from members and the staff as well :D You do put in lots of time and need to read all the new post that are made and decide if they are fit to be here. Even then you have to get with a few others and discuss it. That is unless it is a clear violation of the TOS. I think a few of our mods here would change places at times :D
    Hope this helps.

3. Thanks for the answer. I was kinda hesitant to post the question......figured it had a good chance of a smart **s reply from some one before it was answered. :F