1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeans

T-Shirt and sweatshirt

Regular socks

Artic Armor Coat and Bibs (black and red)

Military Mickey Mouse boots

Under Armor Cold weather skull cap

Ice Armor Mittins

·
Registered
363 Posts
Polypropylene long underwear
Jeans
Sweatshirt
Arctic Armour (red & black)
Lacross Boots
Goretex thinsulate

and since you asked
my favorite speedo in case I have to swim!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My white Mickey mouse boots, some cheap sunglasses, random bibs and jackets made by cabelas. It really depends on how cold it is and how much time ill be in the shanty. I never leave home with out my boots though.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
After 50+ years on the ice and wearing every conceivable form of winter clothing & variations thereof, I finally took the advise of another gray-beard, Jon Sr, and purchased an Artic Armour Suit (bibs & jacket).

Same as Lovin Life, I cannot tell you how more comfortable the change has been. No more multiple layers of clothing and walking on the ice like a penquin. The safety factor of the suit is just another benefit of wearing the outfit.

Give it strong consideration. You won't be disappointed.

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Mickey Mouse Boots
Rabbit Fur Hat (LUCKY Rabbit Fur Hat!)
Purchased just last week Arctic Armor Flotation Jacket and Bibs!
Arctic Armor Gloves
Bring on the Sumbiatchin' Ice before Lovin Life starts drilling holes in his cement driveway with his new Jiffy Pro 4 Auger!!!:D

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
usually starts with a BIG GRIN!!!
but...
guidegear 2000gr rubber boots(warmest and most compfy ive EVER had and only aroud $60)
long johns,jeans and carhart dark br bibs
t-shirt and quilted,hooded flannel (craftsman) carhart jacket only if way cold or windy
and an OGF hat!!

need an ice armour suit but $$$$!!! who has best deals on them???

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I got mine from Redrockstore.com no tax, free shipping and they threw in the AA gloves along with a $25 gift card.

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
underarmor fleece pants and shirt. t shirt. artic coat and bibs. insulated knee socks. 2000 gram thinsulate knee boots. my st croix winter hat and some gloves which are only on from truck to settin the shanty up.....once in the shanty I take off my gloves, hat, coat and anything else bothering me!!! Then its fish on!!!

If we all seriously dont meet up this winter im going to be mad!! I dont care if its a reservoir or lake or private body of water or whatever!!! we're getting together! lol

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Rumor has it that Lovin Life is already planning the Ice Tourney Get Together...I think he even might get the Swedish Bikini Ice girls to sponsor it...just a rumor though.

·
The Lucky One
2,130 Posts
If anyone is looking into purchasing an Arctic Armor floatation suit for this upcoming cold weather season give me a call. I'm a distributor for all IDI Gear products and can save you about $50.00 per suit...........Mark

Mark's Live Bait And Tackle
7271 ST RT 14
Ravenna,Ohio 44266
330-396-3474 Shop
330-221-5213 Cell

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've got a fladen suit, high quality at a great price but if I had to do it over I would have gone through mark and purchased arctic armor. At least you can see me for miles and miles with my flourescent yellow.:D

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
as little as possible....cause when the condo is up.....oh ya it is cozy:D:D

·
Tom B.
3,898 Posts
Polyester thermals
Wool socks
Green/black Arctic Armor suit
1200 gram Rocky boots
Ice Armor mittens
Seirus face mask
Wool/goretex hat
Sunglasses or ski goggles (on a windy day)
Safety Picks on my neck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts