close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wannabitawerm, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I've been hesitant to post here any more. It seems like if you express your opinions on here, you end up getting bashed or made to sound stupid by members claiming to be experts.

I recently had a thread locked on here, for what I can only assume was touching some nerves. I was going to explain the situation a little further, but the point seems mute. After reading threads here in several forums, it sounds to me people would rather be right or spiteful than kind or helpful. I'll still peruse the forums from time to time, but I think I need a break from posting here for a while.

I just realized something, anyone who may agree with me is more than likely not reading these.

2. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I remember the thread your talking about. It, imo, got angry. Past threads that got out of hand either got edited or whacked all together. Everyone has thier own views and opinions. It's good to express them in a intelligent manner. This is no place for arguing and bickering. Some good old fasinoned banter and trash talk is a different story. Don't take it so personal, I remember last summer I expressed an opinion and pretty much got lambasted/:mad: But it's all good, not everyone is going to agree. I enjoy this site too much to let that bother me.;)

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

since you asked;) i remember which thread your talking about. i just went back and reread it. i was hesitant to reply on that thread because it got out of hand quickly(i knew it would), but i did and i did pleasantly. you made physical threats to anybody who trolls in your so called area. im sure many members were offended by your words. i was. i understand you were angry but there is no need to threaten the entire lake erie forum. i've been called on some of my post/replys and i accept it as it is. anyone can disagree with me and thats fine. im ok with it. but, please do not threaten me. nothing good will come out of it.:D

i accept that when i post something, somebody might disagree and im willing to take the heat on it;) if your not, then just leave the posting to someone else. im not trying to fire you up here. just giving you my opinion. remember you asked us.

4. very well put ezbite!!! i THINK it was you and i disagreed about a fuel line issue but that happens...apollogies can go along ways(i'mpreety sure i did:eek: ) and all can go on! i love this site and know i'm not alone on that!!! if we all previewed our post before hitting ''submit'' things might not seem so harsh...imo!!

5. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

I say let it go. Join in on the fun. Life is to short and the people here are way too good to give up on because of 1 post (right or wrong)

Catch my drift?:D :D

You've been here long time, if you leave or not post, it is only you that will suffer in the long run.

By the way do you have pics of that fish that you did not take to the taxidermy?:D

Fish on, Be Merry and Post.

My 2 cents
    Dave

6. dip

dip dip

i was merely stating the facts for your own good....
    fact: the boats own the water
    fact: if you throw anything at a boater it can be considered assault

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I guess I don't get it. If you stay within the TOA that you agreed to when you became a mbr of OGF, there should never be a problem.

8. Lets not start it over again as that is where this thread is starting to go. If the Mod's or Staff feel it best to lock or remove a thread then, so be it. Learn from the experience and don't start it up all over again.

9. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Too many haters.

10. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

The man speaketh Wisdom! ;)

11. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

We have all expressed our opinions both in person and online, and not everyone will agree with us when we do. That is just a fact of life. We as humans, also get defensive if we feel threatened or attacked. That is also a fact of life. I have read many posts on here, some of which I think are uninteresting, out of line or I just don't care about. I then choose not to respond and move on to the next one. But the long and short of it is that in most cases, a wealth of knowledge can be gained from the membership, their shared experiences and life's lessons. That is what I get from reading and posting on here. I have enjoyed your posts too. I may not have agreed with the questionable comment, but I thought more about the concept of crowding rather than the specific comment. You raised a valid issue that has several varying opinions about what is the best policy when fishing near shore or in a crowd. The bottom line for me is to be more consciencious about those I am fishing around. We all take away something from every post, good, bad or indifferent...keep posting your thoughts and just keep in mind some skin is thicker than others...scrutinize your thoughts so they express your opinion, but temper the risk of retaliation at the same time. We should all be able to share our fishing knowledge, stories and our opinions without worrying about a few ruffled feathers. I think you should keep posting...I laugh at many of your posts and would miss your input, as I am sure many others would too! Just my long $.02!

12. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Everyone has made a bad post on here a few times that either POed others or offended them. Its human nature, no one is perfect.
    Besides, I enjoy reading your posts.

13. Ok - told myself I wasn't going to post, but this thread has gotten so totally ridiculous that I can't help it. So here goes.

First off - this guy "wannabitawerm" - you post ONCE and not again? Are you TRYING to stir the pot??? I mean get real! You're going to throw rocks at a boat 50' off shore trolling?? Can you even CAST that far??? Oh, I forgot - you OWN the lake, right?? Someone said it right after that, about not being able to SEE fishermen on shore at night........(unless maybe you've got a light) - but to throw rocks, then someone said about throwing LEAD?? You've got to be kidding me.

You know, I try to be respectful EVERYTIME I'm out on the water - but inevitably there is something just about every time I'm out that I want to choke the living crap outta someone. There's always that Joe Douchebag that just got his first boat and is going too fast in the no wake zone, or the ignorant azzhole that actually comes through the no wake zone on plane and about rocks me outta my boat, or the guy that goes past you WAAY too close and pushes you almost onto the shore, but you know what?? - I JUST LET IT GO! You know why?? Because that's LIFE. I don't go around threatening people or talk about hitting them with rocks or lead weights or SHOOTING them!

You guys should be ashamed to call yourselves Sportsmen of any kind.

14. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Stop candy coating it and tell us how you really feel Skarfer.;)

15. Yeah, sorry - but that's the kind of guy I am. I don't candy coat anything, especially when it's something as stupid as this thread. I'm ashamed I got sucked into posting on it - but after reading this one, and then going and finding the other thread and reading it, I felt like I had to reply.

I mean of all the things you COULD get mad at (taxes, price of gas, child molestors) you gotta pick THIS topic??

Sheesh. Get a life, or better yet - get some medication.

16. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

There you go wannabitawerm, the consenus is to let it go, try not to let it get you too wound up, and keep posting. ;) !%

I think this threads purpose has been met. We need to "let it be" now.

17. Hi all, I did not read the other topic so I don't know what all went on. I might be new to this forum but I am an old timer on two other forums. Here is what I have found..someone said this person who said some things posted once and that was it? From past experience (of being attacked) I've learned that soemtimes there are people out there who are called "trollers". People who troll boards with one purpose..to attack a stable community. To stir up stuff. I had that happen to me. Only this person seemed to actually know me in person and tried to ruin my reputation on this paticular forum. and you know what..the other members who really did know me..they did just like all your friends on here are doing. they stood up for me, wanted me to keep posting, wanted my oppinions. I dont know you but I'd like to. I'd like to get to know everyone and learn from everyone.

I just joined this group and I think it's an awesome website with great people! So, why not stay?

From the female of woodysoutdoors. :) I am sure my husband would agree.

18. I agree with Rumi, forget it man. Life is too short to get too pissed off and to stay pissed off. If you leave this site then you are the one that will be losing out my friend.

Forget it man, enjoy life and laugh a lot.

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i tend to agree with ruminator and trucked.after about 18 "opinions",i don't think much more can or needs to be added,so i'll make it 3 for putting it to rest.
    besides,i hate long good-byes:( ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.