close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I apologize if this is a repeat of a previous thread :)
    I really am just curious as to what everyone does for a living here on OGF? What are some of your other hobbies/interests? (not fishing or hunting related)
    I'll start by sharing my story....
    Reel Man (Rob) and I own a Woodworking/Solid Surface Machine Repair/Maintenance Company. We have 5 children (1 girl, 4 boys) ages 14-19. :eek:
    Some things that I really enjoy are...Scrabble, Crossword Puzzles, Ping Pong, Darts, My computer, music, dancing, drawing, animals, and darn it.. I just have to say it... FISHING! :D I know, I know, I just broke my own rule.. BUT to describe me and my passions without including fishing... well now, that would be just plain wrong!...lol
    I look forward to everyones responses...and NEW MEMBERS... Don't be shy! Please.. introduce yourself! No better time than now... so come on...start typing :)
    Marcia

2. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I work for Ford Motor Co. in Brookpark. Cleveland Engine Plant 1, Duratec RFF Assembly. We build the engines for the new 500 and Freestyle as well as the Montego and some other upcoming models as well. I'm 31 years old, (or as my wife says, I recently turned 10 for the third time!) My wife Daniell and I live in Elyria, with 3 boys ages 10 to 4 and another youngin' due in September.

I don't like to fish but am rather fond of catching!!! :p I enjoy motorsports of all kinds and can be found from time to time sitting in a chair with a blank look on my face doing nothing! (Wait, that's my catching thing again! :rolleyes: ) Looking for a new home by the end of the year as we are outgrowing our current residence. Now, I hope that's enough because I'm gonna find some ice today!!

Sam

3. I'm retired so I fish. do some work around the house, fish somemore, do some work in the yard, fish somemore, fool around with my patio pond and then fish, do a little hunting, fish somemore, Do some fly tying then go fishing, get plenty of rest so I can withstand the rigors of fishing. Guess that covers it.
    Oh! Did I mention that I take some time to maintain my boat so I can Fish.
    :rolleyes: :D :D :)

4. How about as little as possible? :D

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I was plant superintendent of a large machine and metal fabrication shop for many years.
    I am currently employed as a machinst/industrial maintenance technician.
    I keep all the CNC (robotic) lathes and mills running in our plant.
    When everything is running smooth,I design and build various jigs and fixtures.

In addition to FISHING :D ,I love to bowhunt deer.
    I also enjoy reading and the Browns,although lately there has not been much to enjoy,but it's coming! :D

Being an owner here at OGF takes a lot of my time,but its a labor of love.

I had a pretty good run at tournament Walleye fishing also.
    I was 2002 SOWC Team Top Gun
    2002 Team Angler of The Year
    Qualifier and participant in the 2003 Cabelas National Tournament of Champions

6. I am a TV news photographer for WKYC/WVPX TV 3 and 23. I work out of the Akron office.

I have a wife, 5 kids, a dog, a bird, a fish, and two hermit crabs.

For more info, check my signature.

7. STARTED OUT OF HS TURNIN A WHENCH IN 87 AND GOT STARTED IN HEAVY EQUIPT. REPAIR. NOW THAT I HAVE A GRAVEY JOB OF 15 TRUCKS,15 CARS,AND 15 PIECES OF EQUIPT. IT GIVES ME TIME TO SPEND WITH MY 4 SONS TO TEACH THEM TO FISH. ME MYSELF SPEND 30HRS ON AVERAGE A WEEK FISHIN. GIVE UP HUNTIN TILL THE BOYS GET OLDER! :cool:

8. Besides being the sex symbol/calender model for OGF, I sell lumber.

Whith what little time I have left after all that I like RACING and driving my Mustang

9. im a pc tech. i run the helpdesk and do desktop support..
    i also build web sites on the side.
    i have 3 kids 2 from my first wife. renea 11 and marc 9.
    and little nick he'll be 1yr on feb 6th.
    my wife lynn and i just got our 1st house in westerville in may.
    i love to fish(dont we all) i golf and shoot off model rockets.(my wife tells everyone she has 2 kids....) if im not at work im doing the dad thing(that is my greatest love) or fishing.
    fish4wall

10. IT Development Professional. Years ago they called us computer programmers. Nowadays we spend all of our time in meetings so I guess they had to change the name.

I'm an avid league & tournament bowler. My book average last year was 209. This year it's in the high 190's due to a chronic back problem that I'm receiving treatment for.

I love snow skiing and all racquet sports. Especially tennis.

Happily married for the past 14 yrs. I have one son from a previous marriage and he's an engineering student at Ohio State Univ.

11. JBJ

JBJ

I am the fishing LSA at Galyans on Sawmill Road in Dublin. (Soon to be Dick's Sporting Goods on 1/30.) I've been married since 1986 and we have 2 little girls who are in Girlscouts and cheerleading.

Other than fishing related stuff, I am a life member of the NRA, A founding member of The 2nd Ammendment Task Force, and involved with the NRA/PVF and NRA/ILA. I am also a member of The Powder Room and the Ohio Gun Collectors Association.

A sidebar to my fishing involvement; I am the Pro-Staff Coordinator for one sponsor and sponsored by 2 other companies. I have further affiliations with 4 more companies as field tester etc. I am a site admin of the B&D Custom Lures forum, a staff moderator on Catcherman.com and soon to be adding another site moderator position to the list.

I like to play board games with my kids and take them fishing. We play the Nintendo games together a lot too.

Blaise

12. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I'm a self employed flooring contractor, hardwood ,vinyl, ceramic floors. I worked for a company for 20 years then finally got smart and went out on my own. I now take time to fish during the week when the lakes aren't so crowded.
    I collect old fishing tackle. I'm married and have one daughter who is going to school for nursing.

13. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Satellite installation subcontractor. I install Direct tv, Dish Network, Voom, etc etc

14. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I am a wastewater treatment plant operator, we work 80 hour weeks every other week. On my weeks off i am fishing a lot. When i'm not fishing I enjoy viewing wildlife and spending time with my wife Michele.

15. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

Married for 3.5 years, no kids, 2 dogs (beagle mix and a lab mix), and live in Firestone Park in Akron.

My hoobies include (why do I feel like a Playboy Playmate? :confused: ) sports of all types (especially Steelers and Penn State football), working around the house (the whole spectrum from picking out color patterns to destruction of a garage), tasting the finer alcoholic beverages of the world while paying cards, darts, or pool, trivia guru (Jeopardy, NTN, Trivial Pursuit, it doesn't matter), and, ahhhhhhhhh, oh yeah, FISHING :D !

As far as what I do, I prefer not to say. I am a Super Hero by day, and just me at night. And I'll leave it at that. ;)

16. I am a buyer for a small local company and my wife and I raise and sale alpacas and alpaca products- sweaters, hats,gloves, scarves, blankets, socks, you name it!

I play military golf and also waterfowl hunt, look for 'shrooms and play cribbage with my wife, and love history. We will be married for 5 years in May and are expecting our 1st child this summer. :)

17. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I am a senior software analyst. Currently designing and implementing cutting-edge web software for the entire state of Massachusetts. One beautiful wife, no kids and a bunch of fish for pets.

Currently seeking a new employment opportunity, closer to home.

18. I'm the former owner of Beardbuster Guide Service and Alloutdoorschat Network selling both so that my "X" would not get her hands into them :eek:
    Then the new owners ran them into the ground :(
    I build websites and networks on the side , admin some current networks and work in a freezer warehouse which with the weather we're having lets evetyone else know how I feel each day at work ;)
    My passion is hunting but I also fish and use to fish OBTC Bass Circuit here in Ohio and fished many walleye events on Lake Erie...
    I am just as happy teaching someone how to hunt or fish as I am if doing it myself...

19. Custom Woodworking Finishing, I work for a billiard company but along with pooltables we also build shuffel boards, custom bars, and kitchen cab-bathroom cab as well as do solid surface tops
    I enjoy fishing,hunting and almost anything outdoors...i have a hawg roaster and love to do cookouts as well as play poker (and yes i was playing before it became cool a few years ago...lol)

20. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

well, i am an OSU GRADUATE for starters....That should be huge...I am an assistant superintendent at a very prestigious golf club in columbus and obviously enjoy playing golf. In my spare time i enjoy Jagermeister, fishing, ping pong, and getting dirty. Trying to teach the little woman how to fish and golf, while she attempts to teach me how to clean the house...