what do you carry?

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by littleking, Oct 14, 2008.

1. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

I carry a glock 19, it seems to be a little heavy for summer clothing. Will be fine for winter though.

what do you carry?

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

about 75 pounds more than i used to:eek:;)

3. North American Arms mini 22 short revolver.

4. Kel Tech 380 or Bersa 380

5. I have a Kel Tech 380 also just don't carry it much,nice little gun ;) I like something that is real small in my pocket .:)

6. i have two "carry" guns that i use. one is a Taurus Millenium .40 10-shot, the other is a Cobra .38 Special 2-shot Derringer. (cell phone pics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. My carry gun is a Taurus Millenium .45

8. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I'm thinking about getting either the Springfield compact .40 or 45

9. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Summer I carry a snub nose 38. Winter sig suar p220 45.

10. Smith and Wesson .40, like the light weight. Also has 14 round clip

Attached Files:

11. Ruger P89, it is more bulky than what has been posted, but it was given to me and is a lot smaller than my python .357

12. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

what do i carry? thats a loaded question.lol. to me it matters where im going and what im doing. my favorite weapon it my glock 23, i am the most comfortable with it and its carried and shot more than any other weapon i own (including long guns). then somedays i dont feel like messing with a full size auto, ill grab the glock 27 or my keltec PF-9. if im just running out to the store and in a hurry, ill slide my keltec P3AT in a front pocket and go. as you can tell, i like striker fired autos

Attached Files:

13. BigV

BigV BigV

I attended a handgun shooting session last Saturday and there were two gentlemen that brought along handguns that they occasionally “go to” when going out and about. During the shooting drills, one guy couldn’t find the magazine release when attempting a reload. This happened to him 3 times during the event. The other guy drew his pistol and didn’t remember to release the safety on his gun because he normally carries a double action gun. This happened several times as well.

After the shoot was over, both these guys realized a very valuable lesson. If you switch platforms from what you are accustomed to you will make mistakes. The more pressure involved, the higher the likelihood of errors.

The morel to the story is this…
    If you’re going to carry different guns, then you had better practice with the gun you intend to carry until muscle memory takes over. If you don’t, and you find yourself in a life threatening situation, it would be very bad to forget to click the safety off when presenting your weapon.

I carry one gun. A Kimber CDP 1911 in .45. I practice with it as often as I can so if ever the SHTF I hopefully will be ready and in a stressful situation, muscle memory and training takes over.
    [​IMG]

14. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

great point BigV and im in 100% agreement. thats why ALL of my carry guns are striker fired and without safteys. keltecs and glocks have the same basic mechanics. with one in the chamber, unholster, point and squeeze;)

15. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

I carry a can of beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other, with the occasional VERY sharp pencil behind my ear. That may sound threatning but I know now never to mess with Tom. After seeing his post I realize he carries enough gear to shoot you with both hands and both feet. ;)

16. Lately a Smith&Wesson 414 in 40 Smith.

17. depends on what am doing,i mostly carry my millenium pro 40cal,if am on my quad i mostly carry my ruger p89 ;)

18. nicklesman

nicklesman Dough Boy

I carry a Beretta p 92 9mm

19. Used to carry a Kimber Custom II 1911 with night sights, or I would carry my Springfield XD 40 with night sights

20. I carry a S&W airweight 38+P with a laser sight , no hammer to get caught coming out of your pocketand sight is built into the grip.
    Fred