close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What bug is this?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NickRummy, May 30, 2007.

1. A little bored at work and thought I would post this up out of curiosity. This guy hitched a ride on the boat sunday for a good 3-4 hours, even through a few runs in the speed zone. Thought the picture was kind of neat so I would share and try to find out what he/she is.

Nick

[​IMG]

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

looks like a stinkbug.....just guessing:S

3. I was looking for it on www.bugguide.net but couldn't find it. What kind/brand of camera did you use? Thats a crisp/clear/ bright picture.

4. Hmm I have shown a few people at work too but no one has any ideas of what it might be.

The picture was taken with a Fuji S7000 camera.

5. Cordon

Cordon The Last Don

6. It looks like a ground beetle to me. They say they are usually a dull brown color but can show up in many different colors, especially green. I found this site and its pretty good with identifying bugs.

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

Jake

7. Thats the site I was looking for. The whats that bug. My kids like looking up bugs they find. Thanks BuckeyeFishinNut

8. No problem Chucky, I was checking out some of the bugs on there and started to get the creepy-crawlies. Kinda like when ya find a tick on ya, and you think they are crawling on ya all day. Thought it was a real good resource though.

Jake

9. Looks like what some call a "japanese beetle" , ..farmers dont like them at all. They get into your garden and eat any greens you may have. Collards, mustards, beets, radishes, etc. My dad used to put an ortho powder product on stuff to keep them off his garden. Im not positive, but i think this is the critter in question.

10. I don't know what it is, but I know it's not a Japanese beetle.

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Nope not a Japanese beetle or not like any I have seen anyways. For the last few years those darn things have stripped the leaves off a few trees in my yard.

12. That bug is called an LBJ. (Little Brown Job) Sorry, couldn't resist.

13. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

its a borer beetle.

14. Don't you think it looks like this but green?

[​IMG]