close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what brand plugs???

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by freyedknot, Jun 27, 2005.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

just curious what brand of sparkplugs do you use in your outboard,and their performance.

2. I Use Nkg;s In My Mercury 125hp 2 Stroke...you Can Use Other Brands But I Use Whats Reccomended

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've always used NGK in all my motors!! Get the part number and go to AutoZone. A lot cheeper than a boat shop!!

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

NGK. Started using them because that is what the manufacturer recommends (Honda). Now I use for everything. Superior plug for the price. Autozone can't always get me what I need for my 9.9, so I go to the motorcycle dealer and he hooks me UP!

5. As you can see, NGK seems to be the favorite for marine applications, hands down.

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Never knew they were at Autozone I need to check that out, I replace mine in January of every year, last set cost me $14.00 each, glad the engine only had 4

7. Thats Funny,,i Live In Akron..i Called Autozone And Advanced Auto Parts

Neither 1 Carried Nkg Plugs.....

8. crankus_maximus

That's because they are N-G-K, not NKG's. Sometimes hey can special order them. They are standard issue on Honda's, so most autoparts places will have them. However, the marine application plugs for smaller engines are harder to find and get. You have to get more creative in locating them.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/

9. freyedknot

i remember buying them at the bike shop for my 1968 honda 305... also west marine carries them.

10. Im Not Trying To Start Anything But I Tried Napa Too For No Avail....

11. crankus_maximus

I guess it depends on who you talk to. I went to an Autozone and talked to a guy and he said he could get them for me. I came back to pay for the order and the manager had no idea what I was talking about. They couldn't get NGK's, blah, blah, blah. It all depends on the store. Some carry them and some don't. Try a motorcycle shop....trust me on this.

12. freyedknot

F.y.i. A Good Site For Spark Plug Info

13. freyedknot

TRY www.sparkplugs.com good info on plugs and cross reference and what the # and letters mean along
    w/heat range info.

14. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Summit Racing in Tallmadge has millions of NGK plugs along with many other brands.

15. crankus_maximus

See, creativity will find you the plugs. Just think outside the box. I even surprised the motorcycle shop guys when I told them what they were for.

16. freyedknot

how about bosch plugs?????