What Baitcaster

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fisherman5567, Feb 14, 2008.

1. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

hey guys, I am wanting to get a low-profile baitcaster for all around fishing....any and all species (besides cats i already have a couple of abu c4 for that) but mainly lmb, smb, panfish, pike, etc. I was looking at the abu revo stx but i dont want to spend 200 on it. im looking to spend around 100$ ANY IDEAS?

has to come in left hand retrieve too.

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

The Revo STX Is worth the $200.00 but if your budget is only $100.00 the Shimano Citica is a great reel and it retails for $119.00 ad now until April 30th 2008 you can get a $30.00 mail in rebate.

the Bass pro Extreme reels are also very nice for the dollar and can often be found on sales every few month or so for $59.00.

Good Luck

3. My favorite is Accurist, i think made by Quantum. They are right around that
    price range. My 2nd favorite is a Curada by Shimano, they don't have the flipping mode wich automatically engages the reel as soon as you let of the button, at least the ones that i have, they are a little older.

4. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

I have a Quantum Accurist 500PT. Retail is $129, but right now Quantum is offering a $50 rebate on all their PT series reels. Love the reel, smooth as silk and I've been using the flippin' switch more and more.

5. jac

jac

I have a Quantum Accurist 500PT. love this reel, use the flip switch a lot

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Shimano Citica, the reel runs around $120, but you can find it cheaper online.

7. there's some great deals on ebay right now for quantum energy 750pt or 760pt. I got one for $140 plus a $50 rebate from quantum to make my final price $90.

I just received it today and it looks/feels sweet!

8. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Thanks guys for all the input, didnt even think about the flippin switch??!??? Just was thinkin about the flippin reel:) Is that flippin swith different than the jiggin switch like on the VIento (SP?)

9. I like the bass pro shops extreme. I think its around $80.00

10. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

The Viento has a twitchin' bar - which basically pulls in a few inches of line quickly to make your lure twitch vs. doing it with your rod tip.

The flippin' switch on the 500PT allows you to let out more line by pressing the casting button and it stops when you let off. Basically keeps you from always having to turn the handle to engage the spool. I use it a lot for 1-hand jigging vertically for saugeye with a vibee and trying to stay in contact with the bottom. I'm sure basser's use it differently.