close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are you catching and How are you catching it?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueWater, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Thought it would be fun and informative to start a list on fishing this time of year in the SW. I have been fishing alone lately on my pontoon boat, so there's no one around to pick up new tips from. One thing I really miss about the East Coast is fishing the ocean piers, I would fish so close to other people that you would pick up the how to after a few times out and learn new things all the time.

What: Bluegill

How: Throwing bugs with my fly rod from my pontoon boat at local lakes. Cast near shore and wait for the pop.

BlueWater

2. Just looking for What and How.

BlueWater

Attached Files:

3. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I've been a little dormant this summer, maybe been fishing 3 times in the last 2 months! I caught a few LM a couple of days ago after the storm on a yum crawbug in a creek. The other couple of times I went I was fly fishing for carp for the first time and got skunked, so nothing much to report.

CW

4. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

I've been catching some bass and catfish on jigs. I dan't seem to find the big bass, though. Caught a ten pound shovelhead last time out. Too bad I couldn't weigh him in, it would have put me in the money.

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

6. Carp on the fly sounds like so much fun. I would like to try that with you sometime.

I always forget to try jigs. I have so much tackle in my box that never gets used.

buzzbait is another one that I never use, but I think I will try one this San.

BlueWater

7. Catfish out of the miami on livers . Carp have been slow for me the last few days at hoover an alum. Bass on the scioto are good but small .I'v been catching them on black an silver. An on craw color

8. been catching lmb on strike king spittin king popper and buzzbaits

channels on cut bait & shrimp

buzzbaits work very very well early early morning and around dusk say anywhere around 7-10 pm, white chartruese(however yas spells it LOL) black on black or variations of either one, gold blades seem to do best for me.

9. Blue gill, fly rod, foam spiders and sneaky pete's

SMB, fly rod, near nuff crayfish, olive wolly bugger

LMB, red plastics and buzzbaits

10. Big shovelheads - using nightcrawlers to catch drum and then using the drum for cutbait. Also using large, whole goldfish.