close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are the catfish doing?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gabmstr, Jun 6, 2007.

1. OK Guys! I need to tap into your knowledge. Went to Mogadore Sunday. When we got there, we noticed a channel cat just rolling around in the seaweed (or grass or whatever). When we trolled to another section, we saw the same thing; a channel cat just rolling around! Then, again, another one doing the same thing! They wouldn't bite on anything. And they were BIG. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? :confused:
    Debi

2. they could be spawning. i fish a nearby gravel pit/lake which has hardly any rocky or woody areas for them to spawn, and during the spawn i catch them near the big weed beds.

3. I thought I read somewhere that they spawned later in the summer????

4. channel cats are spawning as we speak, the flathead cats will be spawning as well here in a couple weeks. channels usually start about the first of june and spawn until late june.

5. yep yep i love this time of year big cats in the rivers i've caught some a few nice ones last week im assuming they'll be in in bigger numbers this weekend :)

6. matthew101074

matthew101074 One more cast then Ill go

I've caught about a half dozen catfish in the past week or so(rivers and lakes) and almost all of them have been loaded with eggs.