Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it seems that I have been seeing lots of posts about the smallie action picking up in the rivers lately. I generally fish the Huron river, the Clearfork and the Koko. My last wades on each of these rivrers have resulted in the poorest catches I can remember for a long time. Today was another example. Hit a part of the Koksing that I have fished often. I generally can have a lot of fun catching 10 to 12 inch smallies and lots of fat rock bass. Made it to the river at 7am, threw top water, plastics, cranks, spinners and caught 2 smallies about 5 inches long each. After 2 hours went to another access point that I have never fished. I swear it was a stretch of river that looked like it would be loaded with fish. Almost the same results, with the exception of 2 pretty nice rock bass. My last wades on the Huron and the Clearfork have been as bad. It was still a beautiful day to be out, and it beat working, but I'm beginning to lose confidence. Am I not doing something I should be doing, or have I just lost my touch?

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Keep in mind some/most of those reports occur days/weeks after the fish were actually caught. A couple weeks ago the water levels were much better then they are right now. Personally I find fishing to be ungodly rough with the rivers being so low, even in deeper areas.

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Keep in mind some/most of those reports occur days/weeks after the fish were actually caught. A couple weeks ago the water levels were much better then they are right now. Personally I find fishing to be ungodly rough with the rivers being so low, even in deeper areas.
Pretty much it. With the cooler nights its going to get better, but we need more water. Its been bad for weeks now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your making me feel better. Just looking forward to catching a few again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts