close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What about the Stonelick tail waters

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crocodile, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Does anyone know of some drop off and pick places for canoes and kayaks? Also what species are there and the size? Again if you don't want to post the info please PM me. Ronnie

2. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

I don't think Stonelick is floatable unless it is really flowing. When it floods the whitewater kayakers come out to play. There are some very nice rapids from what I hear.

When I've been ther in summer, you would have better luck on a bike than a canoe, but neither would be very efficient Hope this helps.

3. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

Good Yaking, you would die in a canoe. Well maybe get a long hospital stay. For yaking info go to american whitewater's web page.

4. What species would you catch there and can you put a kayak in or not. Red says yes, Treebass says no.Ronnie

5. yes - if it's flooded

no - under normal conditions - it is lower this year then i can ever remember

i catch smallies, rock bass, spotted bass, white bass, saugeye/sauger (i can't tell the difference), drum, carp and catfish. i had a huge shovelhead bump up against me a few years ago when the water level was low (like now). he was trapped in a very small hole and i was wading up to my knees. i thought it was a log or something. used a figure 8 with a white twister and caught him and moved him to a bigger and deeper hole down stream.

6. i fish the lake form the bank in the winter i went up there a we were catching trout ont the backside of the spillway