What a year!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Dec 13, 2008.

1. First of all, I'd like to wish all of our OGF family a safe and happy Holiday season. Thanks for your support.

Over the last few months, pretty much after Hawgfest, my post count here went down quite a bit. There are a lot of frustrating things to deal with outside of the site itself. Worries at work with layoffs, pay cuts... Home repair issues, vehicle issues, and some newly discovered health problems. It has all led to a less active roll here on the site. Some may look at that as a blessing. :)

I haven't posted any outdoor show info or ice fishing seminar schedules, or done the ice dance because I really didn't know what the future held. Well, now I have a clearer idea. It looks like my ice fishing season will be sorely limited. I've got gall stones and I need to have surgery. I go in January 15 and they're talking 4 to 6 weeks to recover. Hopefully, I can salvage a couple weeks at the end of February and get out there with you guys.

If we get fishable ice before then, I'll be out there for sure.

Just wanted to let you know what was going on.

It's been a great 2008, and though 2009 is starting out badly for me, I'm hoping the rest of the year will turn around.

2. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Best of luck with the surgery............Did you ask your Doc about non-intrusive Lithotripsy for the stones? My boss had that last year and missed just a few days........... http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/Lithotripsy.htm

Sometimes they get so bad this wont work I suppose.

Anyway, best of luck Carl and Happy Holidays to you and yours...........

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'm sure it will Carl :) I'll be thinking of ya, hope ya have a speedy recovery and fishable ice before the surgery :D

Take care

4. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

good luck and wishes for a speedy recovery

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Hope you have a speedy recovery. And hopefully some of the guys over your way will take Nick the stick out fishing with them until you can get back out.

6. ...Good luck Carl...Everything will be fine...Sometimes a person feels the whole world caved in on them...I know I have been there...with all the modern day medical technology ...you have no worries...as for the others they will work out...You have your family and the OGF Members prayers on your side...We on OGF are all friends...I have never met you but I feel you are a good friend...YOUR FRIEND ...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

Wondered where you have been. Look at it this way....2009 is starting out good in as much as the gall stone problem will be corrected. I hope the other stuff we talked about on our fishing trip to Piedmont straightens out for the good. Good luck....Pete

8. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Hang in there, Carl. We'll hold the ice down for you. Prayers are on the way!

9. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Hope most of your issues have been resolved and you can have a happy and worry free Christmas. Wish you a speedy recovery from the gall stone surgery.

10. I've been wondering/thinking about you Carl. I knew something was wrong from some earlier posts. Glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Are they going to remove your gall bladder? Must be some complications with that long of a recovery. Hope all goes well.

11. Thanks guys.

I did ask about the non-intrusive thing but it wouldn't work in my case. There is even a small chance the laproscope won't get it either and they may have to open me up.

I fully expect a successful surgery and a quick recovery. There are still many fish to be caught and memories to be made on the water.

12. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Hope all goes well for you Big Daddy! I'll save you a few dinks at OSP!

13. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Our best wishes and prayers are with you Carl for a speedy recovery.
    The way time flies, you'll be good as new sooner than it seems right now.

14. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Wishing you well on your recovery. Same as crappie lover, I’ve never met you but feel a connection is made to all of us through this board. Get well soon.

15. hang in there carl!!!! get well soon buddy!

16. The important thing is that you get healthy. Best of luck with your surgery.

17. We all will be pulling for you Big Daddy! Hope you have a speedy recovery. Chin up! Let us know how things go.

18. Mac

Mac

Best of luck Carl. Prayers are with you.

19. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

That ice fishing is overrated anyways. Just make sure that you're well in time for the crappie tournament at Delaware.

Brian

20. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Good Luck!! We'll be hoping you the best and praying for you. Just remember when things get really bad and your on a low. There is no where to go but up! So things will get a lot better. You never know around this area. Ice May even wait till your better to get thick enough.
    viper1