Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fishing Deadbeat
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good weekend. Sorry about the pic quality, I managed to leave my camera somewhere on the banks of the LMR in recent weeks... if anyone found a digital camera, let me know!
Tried something new for a change on our usual wade, instead of just bringing my heavy stuff, I took my ultralight and fished between deep holes for other species. I caught a whole mess of different fish.
Saturday 07/18: Gerry (Cincyghosthunter) and I got out on the water. Water was COLD! Borrowed a page from the SConner playbook and fished with only a Rebel Craw. ;) Gerry got a sauger and a saugeye. I ended up with 4 smallies, 3 rock bass, 2 pumpkinseed, a largemouth, a sauger, and a white bass (which was a surprise). Caught everything on the Craw, not sure what Gerry was using. No pics... nothing was very big.
Sunday 07/19: Dan (TMCDB6) and I went on the same wade and it was like a whole different place. I had just bent down to tie on my lure when I heard the unmistakeable head thrashing. Grabbed the net and landed a 34 inch muskie for Dan (caught on a Purple Pearl Gizz4). I seem to always get the pleasure of working the fish in the water for the release so once that was over and went back to tying on. Bent down to tie on and once again... head thrashing. You gotta be kiddin me! Turned around and netted a 33 1/2 incher for Dan (same lure). Moved along and I finally got my chance... hit a 36 1/2 incher on a lure I painted up to look like a crappie. So, Dan ended up with 2 muskie on 3 casts and was done for the rest of the wade. I ended up with a muskie on my heavy gear and got a smallie, a rock bass, and a hornyhead chub (my first) on the ultralight using the Craw once again. Day wasn't over... we hit the Ohio to close it out, Dan caught a little kentucky spot (on a ghost x-rap) and I landed a skippie (on a small swimbait).
All in all, a solid weekend. Hope everyone got out to enjoy the cooler temps. The 'skis were the only thing worth photographing, enjoy the pics... as always everything was safely released.

Attachments

·
Esox nation
15 Posts
Sunday was some kind of day thanks to the Gizz4! Jay just couldn't let me enjoy that we were tied this year for ski's caught. Five minutes later he had to hit the 36.5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts