close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a week ...Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fastlane, May 13, 2005.

1. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Well, I haven't been on here much lately cause I got a new toy I have been playing with and I've been fishing. Not bad right. Well the toy is a Fiero GT. It needs a motor and I have been crawling the forums to decide what motor to put back into it. Anyway, I decided that maybe I should just sell it so I cleaned her up and waxed her real good and put it at the end of my drive for sale. I said to my daughter as we were pulling out to go fishing Wed night, "I hope someone doesn't runn off the road here and hit it". I live on a straight stretch of road so I was sorta joking. Anyway, I got a call from my daughter Thursday afternoon. Some idiot ran off the road, hit our culvert, smashed our trashcans which lung them into the side of the car breaking a window and scratching the heck out of it. He continued on hitting our neighbors culvert which through him half way throiugh his windshield which then popped out and landed in the neighbors yard along with his grill and hub cap. apparently he decided no need to stop and drove on to the next neighbors yard and hualed butt outta there, on a flat tire. A neighbor further down the road saw him driving with the flat and no windshield and got a good description of the van. Called the sheriff and made a report before I headed back to work and decided to take a peak down a side road not far from the house. Low and behold, there is peices of tire all over the place and I followed them to his house. Sure enough there sat the van in plain sight only he had replaced the tire by this time. The sheriff questioned him and he tried to deny it (He was pretty soused) and finally admitted iot but said it happend over night and he swerved to miss a deer! Since there was an eye witness his story was shot. They couldn't get him for DUI though due to the time lapse between the accident and when they found him (6 hrs). They got him for leaving the scene and wreckless op.

Now here is the kicker! Today I get home from work and my daughter pulls in excited. She said the same guy in the same van was in the ditch again just down the road. Sure enough, there he was with a bobcat trying to get the van out. I called 911 as he was obviously drunk again and waited. About 2 minutes before the cops got there 2 ladies who knew him tried to haul him off but I stopped them and informed them that they were aiding and abetting a criminal and I had their license number. So they left without him. When the sheriff got there it was the same one that had talked to him yesterday! It was hillarious hearing him try to get out of it. He didn't even remember talking to the cop the day before! The officer asked him why he was driving a van with no windsheild. He said it just fell out a few minutes ago! The cop had a great sense of humor though and just played along until backup got there to perform a soberiety test. Off to jail he went. I have to testify to seeing him operate the bobcat though since he was not driving when they got there. Sort of like a citizens arrest. Hopefully this will keep him off the road for a good long time!

Now if I can just get his insurance to pay for my damages (if he has insurance).

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Oh man, thanks for the laugh... LOL "I just lost my windshield a minute ago"

ROFL!

3. jfout

jfout 25 lber, I'm gloating

Hopefully that keeps him off the road for a few years. By the story, I bet this isn't his first time drinkin and driving :) .

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

You two! Spy vs Spy! lol Are you guys gonna screw around with a windshield or get down here and fish?! Since zfish don,t drink I,m gonna let him off the hook this time! lol Well, plus the fact I know he was down here at the courthouse today pleading dumb after the fact!!! lol :D Raider Burf!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. WOW... Talk about bad luck for you and mr braindead... I hope he had insurance and never gets behind the wheel again!!!

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

He'll be back behind the wheel in no time. I know a guy that has eleven DUIs. After the tenth one, he did ninety days in jail. The second night he was out, he got another DUI, and did thirty days for that one. Ohio doesn't seem to care about drunks on the roads, until they kill someone.

7. catking

catking Banned

If you didn't have bad luck , you would have no luck at all Tom ... :D I know where you live and I prayed every morning to arrive to the house I was doing SAFELY ...........THE CATKING !!!

8. Fastlane

Well, the wife went to the Sheriff office to get the police report yesterday. I called the insurance company he had listed and it turns out he did have insurance. Bad thing is that it is all a mess since he had 2 accidents on the same road near the same address so there are now 2 seperate claims. It will likely slow things up a bit but atleast I will get some form of compensation.

9. That is good news man...
    Now let us know how long he gets if anything ...

10. catking

catking Banned

What a mess Thomas...... what a mess............. CK ......... :rolleyes:

11. Fastlane

Man this really sucks. I just got a call from Progressive and the adjuster said that the guy does indeed have insurance with them. The only problem is that he did not have it on that van! It was on another vehicle. He treid to add it after he had the 2nd wreck but they caught on pretty quick. So unless he bought it within 30 days of the accident, I am out of luck! I will have to take him to small claims court and sue him. If he doesn't pay, I have to put a lein on his home and see if we can get a debtors exam to freeze his accounts to retrieve the money. Some people are just worthless garbage and a total waste of good air.

12. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

He needs removed from the gene pool. What a big fat waste of oxygen.

13. catking

catking Banned

That's too bad Tom. It's going to be a tough road ahead for sure ... That's the problem with no-fault states such as Florida .............. Doesn't matter who was to blame, each persons insurance has to pay fro their car.... What a racket..... CATKING.... :)

14. Fastlane

Funny thing is, when I talked to the guy today on the phone he sounded like a really nice guy just down on his luck but that still doesn't excuse the drinking and driving. If the guy would have left me a note or stopped by to discuss it I may have let it drop but now I can't. 2 alcohol involved accidents it 36 hrs time! I drove by his house today and he somehow came up with the money to get his van and bobcat out of impound so maybe he has enough to buy his way out of this mess. Since I have to go to court as a witness and I will likely be suing him too, I doubt he will soon forget my face!

15. gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz... hard luck there man GOOD LUCK in getting your due $$$$