close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a way to start the year!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by archman, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Got a late start this morning. Headed to the Chagrin about 11:30 and it was pretty stained. I was pretty disappointed since the flow was under 200. I then decided to head a little further east to a trib. It started off slow out there, I didn't get a hit in a typically good hole. Then about 1:00 it turned on for the rest of my time there. I ended up getting 14. Most were dark fish, with a couple fresh ones. Everything came on a jig and maggot (black/chartreuse, brown, olive). Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was the only one there! I think that was better than catching fish :) There's nothing like having a whole area to yourself in a snow storm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. way to go joel man i really need to get out!!!! one of my favorite times to go have been in snow storms!

3. Nice Job! That sure is a good way to start of the New Year.

I saw you said that you didn't know about the fishability since it was under 200, why is that? I thought that it just couldn't be too high/fast.

I was out on New Years Eve at a normally great hole and didn't have a bite. (I didn't get my egg sacks out early so they were frozen but then I was given some spawn which I tied up and still no luck) I only fished for a little while though.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

4. Normally if the flow is under 200 on the Chagrin, the color will be very good. That wasn't the case today. It was much more stained than anticipated.

Jake, what have you been doing this winter?

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

That one fish has amazing color!
    NICE FISH!

6. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

7. lately workin as much as i can!!! tryin to get everything set up for lakeland..

we'll have to hook up soon!

8. GREAT fish Joel! Now that's an awesome day!!!

9. I agree - love fishing by myself and have great memories of times when it started snowing that just made the scenery all that much better.
    Nice fish !! Congrats !!

10. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Awesome job! Great pics.

11. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I think you take me on days when the fish AREN'T biting! Nice job in the snow...

Maybe you should try some deep crankin':p

12. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

gratz on a great day!!

flash--------------------------out

13. Didn't I get a hit 7 drifts in a row with you? :) If I recall correctly my arm was sore after that day!

14. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

Good job joel, looks like some nice fish wish I was out there but got stuck with family stuff and work.