close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a ending to the Daytona 500!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by bmffishing247, Feb 20, 2005.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

I don't like the fact that jeffery won but it was one heck of an ending. i mean all three of thos guys actually raced clean at the end. i'm a big earnhardt fan and i was pulling for him to win but man what an exciting ending. i love watching endings like that. i thnk it is going to be a back and forth year for gordan, earnhardt, and johnson should make for an interesting year.

2. Yes indeed,
    What a race.!!!!
    Always love them kind of bumper to bumper, side to side decesions.
    Hope the rest of the year is just as intenseas the opener was.

3. That is what I call a smart win by Jeff. Yes.....there was also a lot of luck involved but the same holds true in fishin. I watched the whole race for the first time in my life and figured he would hold back, keep the machine in one piece and wait to move until the final 20 laps. Congrats to Gordon. :)

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Anytime number 8 does not win it's a good race!..Way to go superman!

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ron,i think you have jeff confued with jr.
    jr.'s the one who held back(as usual)and if it weren't for tat last minute screw up,things would have been different.gordon was up there in the front of the pack for a big part of the race.he got a beak,and came out on top.most drivers that stay up there as long as he did,wouldn't have come out on top at the end.i say most,because i think waltrip might have done it if his car would have held together.
    are you crazy,jack?without jr. up there giving gordon something to think about,it definitely wouldn't have been near the race it was :p :D :cool:
    those two running up front together in the last laps,always makes for a GREAT race. :cool:

6. Very nice way to start the season off "GORDON WIN"...